ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Certified Network Defender (CND) is a vendor-neutral, hands-on, instructor-led comprehensive network security certification training program. It is a skills-based, lab intensive program based on a job-task analysis and cybersecurity education framework presented by the National Initiative of Cybersecurity Education (NICE). The course has also been mapped to global job roles and responsibilities and the Department of Defense (DoD) job roles for system/network administrators. The course is designed and developed after extensive market research and surveys.
The class material and training exercises prepare you on network security technologies and operations to attain Defense-in-Depth network security preparedness. It also covers the protect, detect, and respond approach to network security tools and techniques which will provide network administrators real-world expertise on current network security technologies and operations. Additionally, the study-kit provides you with numerous network security best practices, assessments and protection tools.
The intended audience for our CND training program is an IT professional who is focused on network operations, specifically those who work with network security technologies and operations. CND is generally a great fit for those working in roles such as, but not limited to:
- Network Administrators
- Network Security Administrators
- Network Security Engineer
- Network Defense Technicians
- CND Analyst
- Security Analyst
- Security Operator
- Anyone who is involved in network operations
After completing this course, the student should be able to:
- Understand about various network security controls, protocols, and devices
- Troubleshoot their network for various network problems
- Identify various threats on the organization network
- Design and implement various security policies for their organizations
- Understand the importance of physical security and be able to determine and implement various physical security policies for their organizations
- Harden security of various hosts individually in the organization’s network
- Choose appropriate firewall solution, topology, and configurations to harden security through firewall
- Determine an appropriate location for IDS/IPS sensors, tuning IDS for false positives and false negatives, and configurations to harden security through IDPS technologies
- Implement secure VPN implementation for their organization
- Identify various threats to a wireless network and learn how to mitigate them
- Monitor and conduct signature analysis to detect various types of attacks and policy violation activities
- Perform risk assessment, vulnerability assessment/scanning through various scanning tools and generate detailed reports on it
- Identify the critical data, choose appropriate backup method, media, and technique to perform a successful backup of organization data on a regular basis
- Provide a first response to the network security incident and assist the IRT team and forensics investigation team in dealing with an incident
- Module 1: Computer Network and Defense Fundamentals Response & Handling
- Module 2: Network Security Threats, Vulnerabilities, and Attacks
- Module 3: Network Security Controls, Protocols, and Devices
- Module 4: Network Security Policy Design and Implementation
- Module 5: Physical Security
- Module 6: Host Security
- Module 7: Secure Firewall Configuration and Management
- Module 8: Secure IDS Configuration and Management
- Module 9: Secure VPN Configuration and Management
- Module 10: Wireless Network Defense
- Module 11: Network Traffic Monitoring and Analysis
- Module 12: Network Risk and Vulnerability Management
- Module 13: Data Backup and Recovery
- Module 14: Network Incident Response and Management