Certified Information Security Manager Prep Course (CISM)
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
*An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
Prerequisites:Five years of experience with audit, IT systems, and security of information systems; systems administration experience; familiarity with TCP/IP; and an understanding of UNIX, Linux, and Windows. This advanced course also requires intermediate-level knowledge of the security concepts covered in the Security+ Prep Course.
Target Audience:Experienced information security managers and those who have information security management responsibilities, including IT consultants, auditors, managers, security policy writers, privacy officers, information security officers, network administrators, security device administrators, and security engineers.
Course Objectives:Have an in-depth understanding of the four domains required to pass the CISM exam:
- Information Security Governance
- Information Risk Management and Compliance
- Information Security Program Development and Management
- Information Security Incident Management
Module 1: Testing-Taking Tips and Study Techniques
- Preparation for the CISM exam
- Submitting Required Paperwork
- Resources and Study Aids
- Passing the Exam the First Time
Module 2: Information Security Governance
- Asset Identification
- Risk Assessment
- Vulnerability Assessments
- Asset Management
Module 3: Information Risk Management
- Asset Classification and Ownership
- Structured Information Risk Assessment Process
- Business Impact Assessments
- Change Management
Module 4: Information Security Program Development
- Information Security Strategy
- Program Alignment of Other Assurance Functions
- Development of Information Security Architectures
- Security Awareness, Training, and Education
- Communication and Maintenance of Standards, Procedures, and Other Documentation
- Change Control
- Lifecycle Activities
- Security Metrics
Module 5: Information Security Program Management
- Security Program Management Overview
- Security Baselines
- Business Processes
- Security Program Infrastructure
- Lifecycle Methodologies
- Security Impact on Users
- Security Metrics
- Managing Resources
Module 6: Incident Management and Response
- Response Management Overview
- Importance of Response Management
- Performing a Business Impact Analysis
- Developing Response and Recovery Plans
- The Incident Response Process
- Implementing Response and Recovery Plans
- Response Documentation
- Post-Event Reviews
Module 7: Review and Q&A Session
- ï»¿Final Review and Test Prep