Arista Cloud Engineer Level 3 – Cloud Journeyman (ACE: L3)
ACE: L3 is a 5-day course that is designed around Arista’s data-driven Cloud network architectures. Candidates will master core technologies found in most modern corporate networks today such as MultiProtocol Border Gateway Protocol (MP-BGP), Exterior BGP (eBGP) underlays, Ethernet Virtual Private Networks (EVPN), and Virtual Extensible LAN protocol (VXLAN). Additional topics include security, QoS, multicast, and Cognitive Campus.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
*An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
ACE: L3 is best suited for individuals with mid-to-senior level experience in the networking field with advanced Layer 2 and 3 technologies and configurations. Engineers and operations staff will find the skills covered in this course to often be sought after by modern-day, technology-oriented corporations.
Designed around Arista’s data-driven Cloud network architectures.
- Automation Landscape
- CloudVision Deployment Options
- CloudVision Portal Communication
- Zero Touch Provisioning
- BugAlerts EOL Lifecycle
- Task and Change Control
- Image Management
- Devices, Labels, and Tags
- CloudVision Telemetry
- Using Studios
Universal Cloud Networking – L3LS
- L2LS Review and Config
- Traditional DC Architecture
- Leaf-Spine Architectures
- Underlay & Overlay Design Options
- L2LS vs. L3LS
- Layer 3 Redundancy
- OSPF Review and Configuration
- IS-IS Overview, Areas & Addressing, and Routing
- BGP, BGPv4
- L3LS Design with BGP
- Recommended Practices
- First Hop Redundancy Protocols (FHRP)
- VXLAN Control Plane, Routing, Broadcasts, Multicast, Head End Replication (HER)
- Underlay Design Options
- EVPN Overview
- MP-BGP Overview
- VRF & VPN
- MP-BGP Multi-Tenant Control Plane
- EVPN Control Plane
- RT-2 and RT-3 Advertisements
- L3 VPNs and Type 5 Route Advertisements
- EVPN Data Plane
- EVPN-VXLAN Config Walkthrough of Asymmetric & Symmetric IRB
- IP-VRFs and Multi-Tenancy with Asymmetric & Symmetric IRB
- RT-4, RT-1, and Multi-Homing
- Failure Scenarios
- EVPN Deployments
- Overview and Protocols
- IGMPv2 Snooping Configuration
- MSDP Configuration
- Multicast with EVPN Control Plane
- EVPN Layer 2 Multicast
- EVPN Multicast Underlay
- EVPN Multicast – External Connectivity
- Modes and Setting
- Traffic Classes
- QoS Policies, QoS Prioritization
- Explicit Congestion Notification
- Priority Flow Control
- Route Maps and Prefix Lists
- Arista DANZ Monitoring Fabric (DMF) Overview
- Arista’s Network Detection and Response Overview
- Campus Security
- Arista WiFi
- Campus Architecture
- WiFi Fundamentals
- WiFi 6
- Campus WiFi Security (WIPS)
- WiFi Design, WiFi Configuration
- Cognitive WiFi
- Troubleshooting Connectivity and Performance
- Proactive Troubleshooting