Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, you will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the advanced Junos OS security features with advanced coverage of virtualization, AppSecure, advanced Network Address Translation (NAT) deployments, Layer 2 security, and Sky ATP. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways for the hands-on component. This course is based on Junos OS Release 15.1X49-D70.3 and Junos Space Security Director 16.1.
This course benefits individuals responsible for implementing, monitoring, and troubleshooting Junos security components.
Students should have a strong level of TCP/IP networking and security knowledge. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) and Junos Security (JSEC) courses prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Junos Layer 2 Packet Handling and Security Features
Chapter 3: Virtualization
Chapter 4: AppSecure Theory
Chapter 5: AppSecure Implementation
Chapter 6: Working with Log Director
Chapter 7: Sky ATP Theory
Chapter 8: Sky ATP Implementation
Chapter 9: Implementing UTM
Chapter 10: Introduction to IPS
Chapter 11: IPS Policy and Configuration
Chapter 12: SDSN
Chapter 13: Enforcement, Monitoring, and Reporting
Chapter 14: Troubleshooting Junos Security
Appendix A: SRX Series Hardware and Interfaces
A year-long neXT membership which includes 365 days of…
- Access to exclusive tech talk webinars covering content not found in the classroom
- Sessions include: Delta & New Featured Topics, Open Q&A Workshops, Exam Prep & Guidance, Lab Demos
- Technical discussion boards to interact with instructors and other members
- Goal-based learning paths built to accomplish a specific end goal
- Learning paths may include videos, blogs, quizzes, exam prep questions, and more
- Get content and recordings from the entire technology stack, not just this class!
Don’t have the time or budget for an instructor-led class?
Interested in one-on-one services with your instructor-led class?
Would you like dedicated training resources for your entire team?