Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND)
ALL DATES ARE
GUARANTEED TO RUN!
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
SLI DELIVERY FORMATS
The Understanding Cisco Cybersecurity Fundamentals (SECFND) v1.0 course will provide you with an understanding of network infrastructure devices, operations and vulnerabilities of the TCP/IP protocol suite, basic information security concepts, common network application operations and attacks, the Windows and Linux operating systems, and the types of data that are used to investigate security incidents.
After completing this course, you will have the basic knowledge that is required to perform the job role of an entry-level cybersecurity analyst in a threat-centric security operations center.
- Attendance in CCNAX, OR ICND1 and ICND2, OR have approximate level of knowledge from work experience
- Interest in learning more about Cyber Security
- Security Operations Center – Security Analyst
- Computer/Network Defense Analysts
- Computer Network Defense Infrastructure Support Personnel
- Future Incident Responders and Security Operations Center (SOC) personnel.
- Students beginning a career, entering the cybersecurity field.
- Cisco Channel Partners
After completion of this course, students will be able to…
- Describe, compare and identify various network concepts
- Fundamentals of TCP/IP
- Describe and compare fundamental security concepts
- Describe network applications and the security challenges
- Understand basic cryptography principles.
- Understand endpoint attacks, including interpreting log data to identify events in Windows and Linux
- Develop knowledge in security monitoring, including identifying sources and types of data and events
- Know various attack methods, security weaknesses, evasion methods, and remote versus local exploits
Module 1: TCP/IP and Cryptography Concepts
- Lesson 1: Understanding the TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Lesson 2: Understanding the Network Infrastructure
- Lesson 3: Understanding Common TCP/IP Attacks
- Lesson 4: Understanding Basic Cryptography Concepts
Module 2: Network Applications and Endpoint Security
- Lesson 1: Describing Information Security Concepts
- Lesson 2: Understanding Network Applications
- Lesson 3: Understanding Common Network Application Attacks
- Lesson 4: Understanding Windows Operating System Basics
- Lesson 5: Understanding Linux Operating System Basics
- Lesson 6: Understanding Common Endpoint Attacks
- Lesson 7: Understanding Network Security Technologies
- Lesson 8: Understanding Endpoint Security Technologies
Module 3: Security Monitoring and Analysis
- Lesson 1: Describing Security Data Collection
- Lesson 2: Describing Security Event Analysis
- Guided Lab 1: Explore the TCP/IP Protocol Suite
- Guided Lab 2: Explore the Network Infrastructure
- Guided Lab 3: Explore TCP/IP Attacks
- Guided Lab 4: Explore Cryptographic Technologies
- Guided Lab 5: Explore Network Applications
- Guided Lab 6: Explore Network Application Attacks
- Guided Lab 7: Explore the Windows Operating System
- Guided Lab 8: Explore the Linux Operating System
- Guided Lab 9: Explore Endpoint Attacks
- Guided Lab 10: Explore Network Security Technologies
- Guided Lab 11: Explore Endpoint Security
- Guided Lab 12: Explore Security Data for Analysis
What's Included With This Class?
This course includes a 365-day membership to our neXT Learning Community! You will join thousands of other neXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources: