ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
This course has been updated to the Understanding Cisco Wireless Foundations (WLFNDU) course.
Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs (WDBWL) course is designed to give students a firm understanding of the Cisco Unified Wireless Networking (CUWN) for enterprise deployment scenarios. This course provides basic instructions on installing, configuring, operating, and maintaining a wireless network, both as an add-on to an existing wireless LAN (WLAN) and as a new CUWN solution.
The Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs course builds on top of wireless LAN terms, concepts, protocols, architecture and WLAN characteristics introduced in the Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials (WLE) eLearning course. In addition, you will investigate the components, features, and deployment aspects of the system. You will have the opportunity to reinforce what you learn with hands-on labs. This course focuses on the essential network elements of a WLAN: the wireless access points (APs) and wireless LAN controllers (WLCs).
This course provides high-level information about the optional but recommended network management and services appliance components of a Cisco Unified Wireless Network – the Cisco Prime Infrastructure (PI), and Mobility Services Engine (MSE)â€”but does not provide hands-on labs and in-depth coverage of these components.
- Prior completion of the Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials (WLE) course
- Knowledge of basic networking principles, TCP/IP, bridging, routing protocol, and VLAN operation
- Cisco CCNA©_ certification or equivalent work experience
After completing the Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs course you should be able to:
- Differentiate the characteristics of a unified wireless LAN architecture, and configure and test the controllers, access points, and basic features
- Differentiate the characteristics of a FlexConnect architecture, configure and deploy a FlexConnect based wireless LAN
- Perform routine maintenance, network monitoring, and common troubleshooting tasks on the Cisco wireless LAN
- Describe and perform configuration with Cisco’s new Ease of Use wizard, and best practices audit.
- Performing the Initial Wireless LAN Controller Configuration
- Guided Lab 1: Perform the initial controller configuration
- Lab 1-1 Perform the Initial Controller Configuration Using the CLI
- Describing Unified AP Modes of Operation
- Guided Lab 2: Unified AP Modes of Operation
- Lab 1-2: Unified AP Modes of Operation
- Understanding the AP Association Process
- Guided Lab 3: AP Association Options
- Lab 1-3 AP Association Options
- User Interfaces to the System
- Guided Lab 4: Controller Web Interface
- Lab 1-4: Controller Web Interface
- Radio Resource Management and CleanAir
- Guided Lab 5: RRM and CleanAir Configuration
- Lab 1-5: RRM and CleanAir Configuration
- Administering WLANs and AP Groups
- Configuring Mobility Groups and Roaming
- Configuring Security Options
- Guided Lab 6: Configuring Security parameters on the WLC
- Lab 1-6: Configuring Security Parameters on the WLC
- Performing General Administration
- Guided Lab 7: AVC Configuration
- Lab 1-7 AVC Configuration
- Providing Guest Access
- Guided Lab 8: Configuring Basic B2C Guest Access and Web Authentication
- Lab 1-8 Configuring Guest Access and Web Authentication
Deploying the FlexConnect Architecture
- FlexConnect Deployments
- FlexConnect Configuration and Operation
- Guided Lab 9: FlexConnect Local Switching
- Lab 2-1: FlexConnect Local Switching
- 8.1 FlexConnect Enhancements
Maintaining and Troubleshooting a Cisco Wireless LAN
- Performing Routine Maintenance
- Configuring Policies and Management
- Gathering Data
- Troubleshooting in a Cisco Unified Wireless Network
Cisco User Interface Enhancements
- Ease of Use Features
- Guided Lab 10: Perform the Controller Configuration Using the Ease of Use Setup Wizard
- Lab 4-1: Perform the Initial Controller Configuration using Ease of Use Wizard
- Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials Refresher
- Pre-Deployment Planning
- Autonomous Deployments