This open enrollment hands-on course assists technicians and engineers fully understand the technology used by Cisco Telepresence Solutions. Students will also gain knowledge and experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Cisco/TANDBERG Video Communications Servers (VCS) and the newer Cisco Expressway in real-world environments. Students will be given many opportunities to complete hands-on exercises to reinforce all training topics.
Tier II Technical staff and engineers responsible for planning, designing, managing and troubleshooting Video Conferencing networks
- Basic knowledge of IP, DNS, and firewalls is assumed.
- Basic understanding of H.323 and SIP technologies advantageous.
- Prior knowledge of endpoint operations is desirable.
- H.323 and SIP technology
- Installation and configuration of VCSs/Expressways
- H.323 and SIP Network management with VCSs/Expressways
- Dial plan management
- Securing VCSs/Expressways
- Bandwidth control with VCSs/Expressways
- VideNetwork Security
- Call control with VCSs/Expressways
- Troubleshooting with VCSs/Expressways
- Integrating VCSs/Expressways with CUCM and CMS
A. Introduction to VCSs/Expressways
- H.323 Primer
- SIP Primer
- VCSs/Expressways installation
- H.323 Configuration
- SIP Configuration
- VCS/Expressway Security
- Subzone Membership Rules
- Search Rules
- Call Policy
- User Policy
- Search Rules
- Pattern Check
- Registration Table
- Search History
- Event Logs
- Network Log