UCS-X Intersight Deployment
The Cisco UCS X-Series with Intersight Deployment course will enable Cisco customers, internal and Partner SEs/FEs to deploy the UCS X9508 chassis, X210c compute nodes, 6400 Series Fabric Interconnects, and options. Participants will also learn how to prepare the UCS X-Series hardware components for discovery by Intersight Managed Mode (IMM). The course also includes information on how the UCS solution architecture has evolved to the X-Series and how to manage solution components with Intersight.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
*An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Basic understanding of UCS
Cisco customers, internal and Partner SEs/FEs looking to deploy the UCS X9508 chassis, X210c compute nodes, and 6400 Series Fabric Interconnects.
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Articulate the solution level architecture of the UCS X-Series solution, and the role of IMM and the key differentiators of the X-Series solution from previous UCS architecture
- Identify the function of each hardware component in the UCS X-Series solution and the communication and traffic flow between components.
- Enumerate the key requirements to successfully deploy a UCS-X solution with Intersight.
- Identify the key features Cisco Intersight as they are accessed to manage a UCS X-Series deployment.
Module 1: Cisco UCS X-Series Solution Architecture
- Cisco UCS 1.0 Cloud and Compute Foundations
- Introducing Cisco UCS X-Series with Intersight
- Managing Cisco UCS 2.0 with Cisco Intersight
Module 2: Cisco UCS X-Series Hardware Components & Traffic Flow
- Hardware Component Overview
- Cisco UCS X9508 System Chassis
- Fabric Components
- Compute Options
- Storage Options
- Networking & Data Flow
- Power/Cooling Efficiency
Module 3: Cisco UCS X-Series and Intersight Installation Considerations
- Deployment Model Options
- Installation Considerations
- Installing and Removing Components
Module 4: Cisco UCS X-Series Management through Intersight
- Intersight Overview
- Intersight Licensing
- Accessing the Intersight Dashboard
- Dashboard Navigation
- Inventory Views
- Configuration of Intersight vs. UCSM/UCSC
- Domain Claiming
- Domain and Server Policies/Profiles
- Submitting Feedback
Module 5: X-Fabric and 5th Generation Network Updates
- X440p PCIe Node
- GPU Front Mezz
- 5th Generation Fabric
- Claiming the UCS Domain
- Intersight Dashboard Overview
- Add and Remove a Dashboard Widget
- Activate Trial Essentials License
- Domain Policy Creation
- Domain Profile Deployment
- Updating Firmware
- Creating Server Pools
- Server Policy Creation
- Server Profile Deployment
- Server Profile Template Deployment
- Virtual Media Using OS Links
- Installing VMware ESXi
- Accessing the KVM and Installing an Operating System
- Submitting Feedback and Further Information