Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next Generation Firewall (SSNGFW)
The Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Firewall (SSNGFW) v1.0 is a 5-day instructor-led course that introduces learners to the powerful features of Cisco Firepower Threat Defense, including VPN configuration, traffic control, NAT configuration, SSL decryption, advanced NGFW and NGIPS tuning and configuration, analysis, and troubleshooting.
This course will show students how to use and configure Cisco Firepower Threat Defense technology, beginning with initial device setup and configuration and including routing, high availability, Cisco ASA to Firepower Threat Defense migration, traffic control, and Network Address Translation (NAT).
The course will then explore how to implement advanced Next-Generation Firewall (NGFW) and Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (NGIPS) features, including network intelligence, file type detection, network-based malware detection, and deep packet inspection.
Students will also learn how to configure site-to-site VPN, remote-access VPN, and SSL decryption before moving on to detailed analysis, system administration, and troubleshooting.
This course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs throughout to make sure that students are able to successfully deploy and manage the Cisco Firepower system.
All Dates Guaranteed To Run
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
The knowledge and skills that a learner should possess before attending this course are as follows:
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture
- Basic familiarity with firewall, VPN, and IPS concepts
This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy and manage a Cisco Firepower NGIPS and NGFW in their network environments.
Targeted roles include:
- Security administrators
- Security consultants
- Network administrators
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners and resellers
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Describe key concepts of NGIPS and NGFW technology and the Cisco Firepower Threat Defense system, and identify deployment scenarios
- Perform initial Firepower Threat Defense device configuration and setup tasks
- Describe how to manage traffic and implement Quality of Service (QoS) using Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
- Describe how to implement NAT by using Cisco Firepower Threat Defense
- Perform an initial network discovery, using Cisco Firepower to identify hosts, applications, and services
- Describe the behavior, usage, and implementation procedure for access control policies
- Describe the concepts and procedures for implementing security Intelligence features
- Describe Cisco AMP for Networks and the procedures for implementing file control and Advanced Malware Protection
- Implement and manage intrusion policies
- Describe the components and configuration of site-to-site VPN
- Describe and configure a remote-access SSL VPN that uses Cisco AnyConnect
- Describe SSL decryption capabilities and usage
The course contains these components:
- Cisco Firepower Threat Defense Overview
- Firepower NGFW Device Configuration
- Firepower NGFW Traffic Control
- Firepower NGFW Address Translation
- Firepower Discovery
- Implementing Access Control Policies
- Security Intelligence
- File Control and Advanced Malware Protection
- Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Site-to-Site VPN
- Remote-Access VPN
- SSL Decryption
- Detailed Analysis Techniques
- System Administration
- Firepower Troubleshooting
- Initial Device Setup
- Device Management
- Configuring High Availability
- Migrating from Cisco ASA to Firepower Threat Defense
- Implementing QoS
- Implementing NAT
- Configuring Network Discovery
- Implementing an Access Control Policy
- Implementing Security Intelligence
- Implementing Site-to-Site VPN
- Implementing Remote Access VPN
- Threat Analysis
- System Administration
- Firepower Troubleshooting
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics spanning multiple technologies, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other NEXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning plans or guided video paths that may contain videos, blogs, articles, quizzes etc. to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.