Securing Networks with Cisco Firepower Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention System (SSFIPS)
ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
This lab-intensive course introduces you to the basic next-generation intrusion prevention system (NGIPS) and firewall security concepts. The course then leads you through the Cisco Firepower system. Among other powerful features, you will become familiar with:
- In-depth event analysis
- NGIPS tuning and configuration
- Snort© rules language
You’ll also become familiar with the latest platform features: file and malware inspection, security intelligence, domain awareness, and more.
The course begins by introducing the system architecture, the latest major features, and the role of policies in implementing the solution. You learn how to manage deployed devices and perform basic Cisco Firepower discovery. You’ll be able to describe how to use and configure Cisco NGIPS technology, including application control, security intelligence, firewall, and network-based malware and file controls. You’ll learn how to take advantage of powerful tools so you can carry out more efficient event analysis, including the detection of file type and network-based malware. And you’ll learn how to properly tune systems for better performance and greater network intelligence. The course finishes with system and user administration tasks.
This course combines lecture materials and hands-on labs that will give you practice in deploying and managing the Cisco Firepower system.
- Technical understanding of TCP/IP networking and network architecture
- Basic familiarity with the concepts of intrusion detection systems (IDS) and IPS
Target Audience:This course is designed for technical professionals who need to know how to deploy and manage a Cisco Firepower NGIPS in their network environments. Targeted roles include:
- Security administrators
- Security consultants
- Network administrators
- System engineers
- Technical support personnel
- Channel partners and resellers
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- Describe the key features and concepts of NGIPS and firewall security
- Describe the Cisco Firepower system components, features, and high-level implementation steps
- Navigate the Cisco Firepower Management Center GUI and understand the role of policies when configuring the Cisco Firepower system
- Deploy and manage Cisco Firepower managed devices
- Perform an initial Cisco Firepower discovery and basic event analysis to identify hosts, applications, and services
- Identify and create the objects required as prerequisites to implementing access control policies
- Identify the features and functionality of access control policies and the implementation procedures
- Describe the concepts and implementation procedures of security intelligence
- Describe the concepts and implementation procedures of file control and advanced malware protection
- Use Cisco Firepower recommendations to implement IPS policies
- Explain the use of network analysis policies and the role of preprocessor technology in processing network traffic for NGIPS inspection
- Describe and demonstrate the detailed analysis techniques and reporting features provided by the Cisco
- Firepower Management Center
- Describe major Cisco Firepower Management Center system administration and user account management features
- Module 1: Security Technology Overview
- Module 2: Cisco Firepower System Components and Features
- Module 3: Introducing the Cisco Firepower Management Center
- Module 4: Deploying Cisco Firepower Managed Devices
- Module 5: Cisco Firepower Discovery
- Module 6: Access Control Policy Prerequisites
- Module 7: Implementing Access Control Policies
- Module 8: Security Intelligence
- Module 9: File Control and Advanced Malware Protection
- Module 10: Next-Generation Intrusion Prevention Systems
- Module 11: Network Analysis Policies
- Module 12: Detailed Analysis Techniques
- Module 13: System Administration
- ï»¿Lab 1: Connect to the Lab Environment
- Lab 2: Navigate the Cisco Firepower Management Center GUI
- Lab 3: Device Management
- Lab 4: Cisco Firepower Discovery
- Lab 5: Access Control Policy Prerequisites
- Lab 6: Implementing an Access Control Policy
- Lab 7: Security Intelligence
- Lab 8: File Control and Advanced Malware Protection
- Lab 9: Implementing NGIPS
- Lab 10: Detailed Analysis
- Lab 11: System Administration
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning paths can contain videos, blogs, articles, and quizzes combined to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.