Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration (RH 403)
Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
Students will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration. Students should have previous Red Hat Satellite experience since the course will compare Red Hat Satellite 6 features and terminology with Red Hat Satellite 5.
All Dates Guaranteed To Run
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
- RHCE certification or equivalent experience
- Previous Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet
Module 1: Red Hat Satellite installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
Module 2: Red Hat Satellite organization
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
Module 3: Red Hat Satellite client registration
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
Module 4: Incorporate software management into SDLC
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts. Evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
Module 5: custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Module 6: Configuration management with Puppet
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Module 7: Centralized management and deployment of system configurations
- Configure hosts using Puppet.