Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
Students will use Red Hat Satellite to manage the software development life cycle of a subscribed host and its configuration. Students should have previous Red Hat Satellite experience, since the course will compare Red Hat Satellite 6 features and terminology with Red Hat Satellite 5.
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
- RHCE certification or equivalent experience
- Previous Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet
Module 1: Red Hat Satellite installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts. Evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
- Configure hosts using Puppet.