Learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Red Hat Satellite server 6. It also includes the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX403) exam based on Red Hat Satellite 6.
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
- Recommend having a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience
- Have Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6.
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Create custom RPM packages.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
Module 1: Red Hat Satellite 6 installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts and evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
- Create RPM packages for deployment of programs and files on client systems.
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
- Configure hosts using Puppet.
- Deploy and provision hosts using PXE.
- Configure host provisioning for integration with software and configuration management and discover unprovisioned host and provision-discovered hosts.