ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Red Hat Satellite server 6. It also includes the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX403) exam based on Red Hat Satellite 6.
- Recommend having a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience
- Have Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6.
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Create custom RPM packages.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
Module 1: Red Hat Satellite 6 installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
Module 2: Manage users and hosts across organizations and locations
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
Module 3: Register clients to Satellite server
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
Module 4: Manage software deployment through the software development life cycle
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts and evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
Module 5: Build RPM packages
- Create RPM packages for deployment of programs and files on client systems.
Module 6: Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Module 7: Manage system configurations with Puppet
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Module 8: Standardize system configurations with Red Hat Satellite 6
- Configure hosts using Puppet.
Module 9: Deploy hosts with Satellite server
- Deploy and provision hosts using PXE.
Module 10: Configuration of Satellite server for enterprise system deployment
- Configure host provisioning for integration with software and configuration management and discover unprovisioned host and provision-discovered hosts.