Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration with Exam (RH 404)
Learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 Administration is a lab-based course that explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. Course participants will learn how to install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with software packages.
This course is based on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 7 and Red Hat Satellite server 6. It also includes the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX403) exam based on Red Hat Satellite 6.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
- Recommend having a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification or equivalent experience
- Have Red Hat Satellite 5 experience
Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the management of multiple servers
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6.
- Red Hat Network organizations, locations, users and roles.
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite environments and content views.
- Create custom RPM packages.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to configure hosts with Puppet.
- Provision hosts with integrated software and configuration management.
- Implement Metal-as-a-Service (MaaS) with Satellite discovery and provisioning of unprovisioned hosts.
Module 1: Red Hat Satellite 6 installation
- Install Red Hat Satellite 6 on a server and populate it with Red Hat Enterprise Linux software content.
Module 2: Manage users and hosts across organizations and locations
- Effectively control user access for Red Hat Satellite administration.
Module 3: Register clients to Satellite server
- Register hosts to a Red Hat Satellite server, both interactively and automatically.
Module 4: Manage software deployment through the software development life cycle
- Control which packages hosts can install and which updates are propagated to hosts and evaluate host deviations from corporate standards.
Module 5: Build RPM packages
- Create RPM packages for deployment of programs and files on client systems.
Module 6: Deploy custom software using Red Hat Satellite
- Incorporate non-Red Hat software packages into a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Module 7: Manage system configurations with Puppet
- Create and populate a Puppet repository within a Red Hat Satellite framework.
Module 8: Standardize system configurations with Red Hat Satellite 6
- Configure hosts using Puppet.
Module 9: Deploy hosts with Satellite server
- Deploy and provision hosts using PXE.
Module 10: Configuration of Satellite server for enterprise system deployment
- Configure host provisioning for integration with software and configuration management and discover unprovisioned host and provision-discovered hosts.