Learn how to install, configure, and maintain a cloud computing environment using Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.
This course teaches system administrators how to implement a cloud computing environment using Red Hat© Enterprise Linux© OpenStack Platform, including installation, configuration, and maintenance. Through hands-on labs, students will explore fault-tolerant and redundant configurations of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform and look at the future plans of the OpenStack development community. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack Exam (EX210).
To Purchase the Class Only and Not Include the Exam For CL 211. Please Enter Promo Code: NOEXAM When Registering for This Class
Linux system administrators and cloud administrators interested in or responsible for maintaining a private cloud. Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or requisite level of knowledge is highly recommended.
Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or equivalent knowledge and experience
Full Course Outline
- Understand Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform features and terminology.
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform using packstack and Foreman.
- Create an instance with the Horizon web front-end.
- Install and configure the Qpid message broker service.
- Secure Qpid using authentication and encryption.
- Install, configure, and use the Keystone authentication services.
- Install, configure, and use the Swift object storage service.
- Install and use the Glance image service.
- Install the Cinder block storage service.
- Manage Cinder volumes.
- Install, configure, and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform networking service.
- Install Nova compute and controller services.
- Deploy an instance from the command line.
- Learn to add and remove additional Nova compute nodes.
- Install the Heat orchestration service.
- Launch a stack using preconfigured templates
- Install and manage the ceilometer metering service.
- Learn about the future of OpenStack.
- Review the installation and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform.