OpenShift Enterprise Administration (DO281) prepares the system administrator to install, configure, and manage OpenShift Enterprise by Red Hat instances. OpenShift Enterprise, Red Hat's platform-as-a-service (PaaS) offering, provides pre-defined deployment environments for applications of all types through its use of container technology. This enables an environment that supports DevOps principles such as reduced time to market and continuous delivery.
This course also includes the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Platform-as-a-Service exam (EX280).
This course is designed for system administrators responsible for creating OpenShift Enterprise instances, deploying applications, creating process customizations, and managing instances and projects.
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Have taken Red Hat System Administration I and II (RH124 and RH134), or equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux©_ system administration experience
- Be certified as a Red Hat Certified System Administrator, or equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administration experience
- Be certified as a Red Hat Certified Engineer
- Container concepts
- Configuring resources with the command line interface
- Building a pod
- Enabling services for a pod
- Creating routes
- Downloading and configuring images
- Rolling back and activating deployments
- Creating custom S2I images
- Comprehensive review
Introduction to Red Hat OpenShift Enterprise
- Review features and architecture of OpenShift Enterprise.
- Install OpenShift Enterprise and configure a master and node.
- Execute commands using the command line interface.
- Create, build, and deploy applications to an OpenShift Enterprise instance.
- Provision persistent storage and use it for the internal registry.
- Create and build applications with S2I and templates.
- Use OpenShift Enterprise components to manage deployed applications.
- Customize resources and processes used by OpenShift Enterprise.
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in the course.