Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting (RH 342)
Students will learn how to apply the scientific method to a structured form of troubleshooting. This approach is then used troubleshooting various types of problems, including boot issues, hardware issues, storage issues, RPM issues, network issues, third-party application issues, security issues, and kernel issues. At the end of the course students can complete various comprehensive review labs to test their skills.
All Dates Guaranteed To Run
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Red Hat recommends these prerequisites:
- Required to have earned a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)
- Recommended to have earned a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE)
The Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting course is aimed at senior system administrators who wish to learn more about troubleshooting.
- Use the scientific method to approach troubleshooting
- Troubleshoot boot issues
- Troubleshoot security issues
- Troubleshoot storage issues
- Troubleshoot network issues
Introduction to troubleshooting
- Describe a generalized strategy for troubleshooting.
Take proactive steps to prevent small issues
- Prevent small issues from becoming large problems by employing proactive system administration techniques.
Troubleshoot boot issues
- Identify and resolve issues that can affect a system's ability to boot.
Identify hardware issues
- Identify hardware problems that can affect a system’s ability to operate.
Troubleshoot storage issues
- Identify and fix issues related to storage.
Troubleshoot RPM issues
- Identify and fix problems in, and using, the package management subsystem.
Troubleshoot network issues
- Identify and resolve network connectivity issues.
Troubleshoot application issues
- Debug application issues.
Deal with security issues
- Identify and fix issues related to security subsystems.
Troubleshoot kernel issues
- Identify kernel issues and assist Red Hat Support in resolving kernel issues.
Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting comprehensive review
- Practice and demonstrate knowledge and skills learned in Red Hat Enterprise Linux Diagnostics and Troubleshooting.