Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management with Exam (RH 402)
ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale deployment and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
Students will learn how to install and use Red Hat Satellite server with enhanced entitlements reporting to deploy and manage systems. By the end of this course, students will have built their own RPM packages and will have used Subversion to manage changes to files. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX401) exam. This version of the course includes the exam.
To Purchase the Class Only and Not Include the Exam For RH 402 Please Enter Promo Code: NOEXAM When Registering for This Class
Students without a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification are encouraged to check their experience levels by taking a free online skills assessment.
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of multiple physical or virtualized servers
- Individuals preparing for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX401) exam
- Install Red Hat Satellite server with Subscription Asset Manager
- Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and roles
- Manage changes with revision control software
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite software channels and errata
- Construction of custom RPM packages
- Report and automation with Red Hat Satellite programming API
- Deploy configuration files using Red Hat Satellite
- Provision with Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE)
- Administer Red Hat Satellite
Module 1: Essential system management
- Set high-level goals for effective system management.
Module 2: Install Red Hat Satellite
- Install a Red Hat Satellite server, and populate it with software channel content.
Module 3: Red Hat Satellite organization
- Create and manage Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and system groups.
Module 4: Use Subversion to manage changes
- Initialize and configure a Subversion repository, start a new Subversion project, and manage revisions using Subversion.
Module 5: Red Hat Satellite client configuration
- Register client machines with Red Hat Satellite both interactively and in automated ways.
Module 6: Red Hat Satellite software management
- Configure Red Hat Satellite with custom and cloned software channels to manage software updates on client systems.
Module 7: Build RPM packages
- Create RPM packages for use with Red Hat Satellite to enable the deployment of programs and files on client systems.
Module 8: Configuration file management with Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to deploy individual configuration files to client systems.
Module 9: Provision with Red Hat Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to provision Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems from bare metal.
Module 10: Red Hat Satellite administration
- Perform Red Hat Satellite maintenance functions including embedded database management, activate Satellite with a new entitlement certificate, and export custom software channel content.
Module 11: Red Hat Satellite API and reports
- Use the Red Hat Satellite API to produce simple reports and perform basic administrative tasks.
Module 12: Red Hat Satellite virtual machine management
- Manage Red Hat Satellite entitlements and create kickstart profiles that will provision virtualization hosts and virtualized guests.
Module 13: Comprehensive review
- Review course material and deploy a Red Hat Satellite server.