Red Hat Enterprise Deployment and Systems Management explores the concepts and methods necessary for successful large-scale deployment and management of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems.
Students will learn how to install and use Red Hat Satellite server with enhanced entitlements reporting to deploy and manage systems. By the end of this course, students will have built their own RPM packages and will have used Subversion to manage changes to files. This course can also help you prepare for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX401) exam. This version of the course includes the exam.
To Purchase the Class Only and Not Include the Exam For RH 402 Please Enter Promo Code: NOEXAM When Registering for This Class
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of multiple physical or virtualized servers
- Individuals preparing for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX401) exam
Students without a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification are encouraged to check their experience levels by taking a free online skills assessment.
- Install Red Hat Satellite server with Subscription Asset Manager
- Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and roles
- Manage changes with revision control software
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite software channels and errata
- Construction of custom RPM packages
- Report and automation with Red Hat Satellite programming API
- Deploy configuration files using Red Hat Satellite
- Provision with Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE)
- Administer Red Hat Satellite
Module 1: Essential system management
- Set high-level goals for effective system management.
- Install a Red Hat Satellite server, and populate it with software channel content.
- Create and manage Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and system groups.
- Initialize and configure a Subversion repository, start a new Subversion project, and manage revisions using Subversion.
- Register client machines with Red Hat Satellite both interactively and in automated ways.
- Configure Red Hat Satellite with custom and cloned software channels to manage software updates on client systems.
- Create RPM packages for use with Red Hat Satellite to enable the deployment of programs and files on client systems.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to deploy individual configuration files to client systems.
- Use Red Hat Satellite to provision Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems from bare metal.
- Perform Red Hat Satellite maintenance functions including embedded database management, activate Satellite with a new entitlement certificate, and export custom software channel content.
- Use the Red Hat Satellite API to produce simple reports and perform basic administrative tasks.
- Manage Red Hat Satellite entitlements and create kickstart profiles that will provision virtualization hosts and virtualized guests.
- Review course material and deploy a Red Hat Satellite server.