ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Experienced system administrators will learn how to implement and manage Red Hat Enterprise Linux deployments efficiently and effectively, in ways that make their systems manageable by a team of administrators. Central to the course is the training on the use of the Red Hat Network Satellite server for deployment and provisioning of Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems. By the end of this course, students will have built their own RPM packages and will have used Subversion to make changes to scripts.
Students without a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) certification are encouraged to check their experience levels by taking a free online skills assessment: https://www.redhat.com/en/services/training/skills-assessment
- Senior Red Hat Enterprise Linux system administrators responsible for the planning, deployment, and management of multiple physical or virtualized servers
- Individuals preparing for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Deployment and Systems Management (EX401) exam
- Install Red Hat Satellite server with Subscription Asset Manager
- Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and roles
- Manage changes with revision control software
- Manage software with Red Hat Satellite software channels and errata
- Construction of custom RPM packages
- Report and automation with Red Hat Satellite programming API
- Deploy configuration files using Red Hat Satellite
- Provision with Pre-boot Execution Environment (PXE)
- Administer Red Hat Satellite
Essential system management
- Set high-level goals for effective system management.
Install Red Hat Satellite
- Install a Red Hat Satellite server, and populate it with software channel content.
Red Hat Satellite organization
- Create and manage Red Hat Satellite organizations, users, and system groups.
Use Subversion to manage changes
- Initialize and configure a Subversion repository, start a new Subversion project, and manage revisions using Subversion.
Red Hat Satellite client configuration
- Register client machines with Red Hat Satellite both interactively and in automated ways.
Red Hat Satellite software management
- Configure Red Hat Satellite with custom and cloned software channels to manage software updates on client systems.
Build RPM packages
- Create RPM packages for use with Red Hat Satellite to enable the deployment of programs and files on client systems.
Configuration file management with Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to deploy individual configuration files to client systems.
Provision with Red Hat Satellite
- Use Red Hat Satellite to provision Red Hat Enterprise Linux systems from bare metal.
Red Hat Satellite administration
- Perform Red Hat Satellite maintenance functions including embedded database management, activate Satellite with a new entitlement certificate, and export custom software channel content.
Red Hat Satellite API and reports
- Use the Red Hat Satellite API to produce simple reports and perform basic administrative tasks.
Red Hat Satellite virtual machine management
- Manage Red Hat Satellite entitlements and create kickstart profiles that will provision virtualization hosts and virtualized guests.
- Review course material and deploy a Red Hat Satellite server.