Red Hat CloudForms Hybrid Cloud Management (CL220) teaches you how to manage and deploy systems in hybrid cloud environments. In this course, you will learn how to install and configure Red Hat CloudForms, implement auditing and compliance policies, provision virtual machines and catalogs, and run automation features.
This course can also help you in your preparation for the Red Hat Certificate of Expertise in Hybrid Cloud Management exam (EX220).
- IT professionals with Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalence system administration skills
- Infrastructure managers seeking to control, monitor and audit their infrastructures
- System and VM administrators seeking to manage and deploy systems in hybrid cloud environments
- System and VM administrators who already have a cloud deployment seeking to simplify management
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) or equivalent system administration skills
- Knowledge of Red Hat Enterprise Virtualization, vSphere, or Amazon EC2 is helpful, but not required
- Perform initial configuration of CloudForms appliance
- Deploy virtual machines
- Perform policy-based management
- Customize a dashboard
- Create a catalog
- Provision services
- Analyze timelines and events
- Run automations
Moduel 1: Architecture overview
- Learn about the Red Hat CloudForms Management Engine appliance architecture.
- Deploy a CloudForms Management Engine Appliance.
- Configure a CloudForms Management Engine Appliance to work with your cloud environment.
- Deploy a virtual machine (VM) with templates and customization.
- Manage and audit VMs from within a policy.
- Report on VM and resource usage.
- Adapt the CloudForms interface to user needs.
- Use the CloudForms lifecycle management features.
- Understand capacity and usage metrics.
- Set up alarms and triggers to monitor infrastructures.
- Execute automations to speed up delivery.
- Define the catalog and services.