This course is intended for storage administrators, cloud operators, and developers wishing to learn how to deploy and manage Red Hat Ceph Storage within the Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform environment.
IT professionals who have earned an Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA) certification or maintain the equivalent experience with Linux.
Full Course Outline
- Introduction to storage systems, overview of Ceph, explanation of Ceph design, architecture, and components.
- Overview of architectural requirements, role of core RADOS components, and Ceph Gateway (RADOSGW).
- Understand Ceph Storage Cluster (RADOS) and Ceph Snapshots.
- Learn how to clone and cache with Ceph Block devices.
- Understand and configure RADOSGW instances.
- Identify OpenStack components and versions.
- Understand, locate, and integrate Glance image storage with Ceph RBD.
- Understand, locate, and integrate Cinder with Ceph RBD.
- Learn about Keystone and Swift and integrate with RADOSGW.