Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls are architected to safely enable applications and prevent modern threats. Our approach identifies all network traffic based on applications, users, content and devices, and lets you express your business policies in the form of easy-to-understand security rules.
Flexible deployment options and native integration with our next-generation platform extend the policy enforcement and cyberthreat prevention to everywhere your users and data are located: in your network, on your endpoints and in the cloud.
- Security Engineers
- Security Administrators
- Security Operations Specialists
- Security Analysts
- Network Engineers
- Support Staff
Students must complete the Firewall 8.0 Essentials: Configuration and Management (EDU-210) course and have an understanding of network concepts, including routing, switching, and IP addressing. They also will need in-depth knowledge of port-based security and security technologies such as IPS, proxy, and content filtering.
Successful completion of this three-day, instructor-led course will enhance the student’s understanding of how to troubleshoot the full line of Palo Alto Networks©_ next-generation firewalls. Students will receive hands-on experience troubleshooting the security, networking, threat prevention, logging, and reporting features of the Palo Alto Networks©_ PAN-OS©_ operating system. Upon completion of this class, students will have an in-depth knowledge of how to troubleshoot visibility and control over applications, users, and content.
- Investigate networking issues using advanced firewall tools including the CLI
- Analyze advanced logs to resolve various real-life scenarios
- Solve advanced routing scenario challenges
This class is comprised of the following modules:
- Module 1: Troubleshooting Methodology
- Module 2: Platform Comparisons When Troubleshooting
- Module 3: Flow Logic
- Module 4: Administration Troubleshooting
- Module 5: Layer 3 Troubleshooting
- Module 6: Policy Troubleshooting
- Module 7: User-ID Troubleshooting
- Module 8: VPN Troubleshooting
- Module 9: GlobalProtect Troubleshooting
- Module 10: Performance Troubleshooting