ALL COURSES ARE GUARANTEED TO RUN !!
What makes Power BI for Excel such a vast improvement over detailed Excel worksheets is the PowerPivot Data Model, which allows data to be pulled together from multiple tables and multiple databases. This course is designed for Power BI for Excel Designers who are ready to create custom data models for themselves and for other Power BI Designers. Topics covered include database design concepts, how to build both general purpose and customized data models, building data hierarchies, and how to use basic DAX language and functionality to extend the capabilities of data models for in-depth and customized analysis of information.
Excel levels 1, 2 & 3, including PivotTable & Pivot Chart skills; plus a basic understanding of database concepts.
Power BI for Excel Levels 1 & 2.
Lesson 1 : Understanding BI Data
- Business Intelligence Data Sources
- Data Source Types
- PowerPivot Data Sources
- Creating a Data Model - Excel
- Creating a Data Model - Database
- Creating the Data Model - Hybrid
- Review of Syntax and Calculated Columns
- Best Practices
- DAX Measures
- Creating Measures (Calculated Fields)
- Why Dates are Different
- Building Data Tables
- Building Data Hierarchies
- Building Communication Worksheets
- Controlling Item Ordering
- PowerPivot Metadata