ALL COURSE DATES ARE GUARANTEED TO RUN !!
This course lays the foundation for Power BI for the Cloud Report Builders. Power BI Report Builders will learn everything they need to create highly effective stand-alone and multi-page narrative reports using data sources that are created by Power BI Data Model Designers. This course covers the use of both the Power BI Desktop application as well as the Power BI Service.
Basic reporting knowledge, basic understanding of data.
Module 1: Introducing the Power BI Service
- What Is the Power BI Service?
- Power BI Service Key Features
- The Self-Service BI Model
- Power BI Reports & Dashboards
- What is a Power BI Report?
- Defining a Report
- Data-Driven Storytelling
- Understanding the Design Interface
- Creating Report Visualizations
- Tables Visualizations
- Charts Visualizations
- Add Report Pages
- Creating Slicers
- Report & Page Filters
- Report Final Touches
- Understanding Data Models
- Understanding Data Terminology
- Understanding Tables
- Understanding Relationships
- Diagnosing Data Models
- Connecting to Data Sources
- Data Queries vs Data Models
- Viewing & Refreshing a Data Source
- Data Model Functions
- Creating Calculated Columns
- What is DAX?
- Basic DAX Functions
- Connecting to the Power BI Service
- Uploading PBIX Reports
- Report Considerations
- Making Changes to PBIX Reports
- Creating Dashboards using Existing Reports
- Organizing Dashboard Elements
- Modifying Q & A Results
- Pinning Q & A results to a Dashboard
- Sharing with Co-Workers
- Sharing Externally