Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring device operations. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways and Security Director for the hands-on component. This course is based on Junos OS Release 15.1X49-D70.3 and Junos Space Security Director 16.1.
The course benefits operators of SRX Series devices. These operators include network engineers, administrators, support personnel, and reseller support personnel.
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course, or have equivalent experience prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to perform the following:
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Introduction to Junos Security
Chapter 3: Zones
Chapter 4: Security Policies
Chapter 5: Advanced Policy Options
Chapter 6: Troubleshooting Security Zones and Policies
Chapter 7: Network Address Translation
Chapter 8: Advanced NAT Concepts
Chapter 9: IPsec VPN Concepts
Chapter 10: IPsec VPN Implementation
Chapter 11: Group VPNs
Chapter 12: ADVPNs
Chapter 13: IPsec VPN Case Studies and Solutions
Chapter 14: Troubleshooting IPsec
Chapter 15: Virtualized SRX
Chapter 16: High Availability Clustering Theory
Chapter 17: High Availability Clustering Implementation
Chapter 18: Troubleshooting Chassis Clusters
Appendix A: SRX Series Hardware and Interfaces
A year-long neXT membership which includes 365 days of…
- Access to exclusive tech talk webinars covering content not found in the classroom
- Sessions include: Delta & New Featured Topics, Open Q&A Workshops, Exam Prep & Guidance, Lab Demos
- Technical discussion boards to interact with instructors and other members
- Goal-based learning paths built to accomplish a specific end goal
- Learning paths may include videos, blogs, quizzes, exam prep questions, and more
- Get content and recordings from the entire technology stack, not just this class!
Don’t have the time or budget for an instructor-led class?
Interested in one-on-one services with your instructor-led class?
Would you like dedicated training resources for your entire team?