This Course Includes neXT LIVE 365
LEARN FOR 365 DAYS!
Sunset Learning Institute believes in a 365-day learning experience that begins immediately, regardless of when you attend your ILT course. At SLI, you get a range of learning opportunities, from instructor-led hands-on training, to self-directed, customizable learning paths based on your environment, your needs, and your level of experience. We provide the tools and options, and you decide what you need, when you need it, and how you want to learn it!
Immediate access to supplemental learning assets that are INCLUDED with your purchase of the above instructor-led training course:
- 365 Days of Access to SLI’s Entire Juniper Video Reference Library (VRL), not just the 5-day class you sign up for (hundreds of searchable, on-demand learning bytes in 5-15-minute videos)
- 365 Days of Unlimited Access to Delta Sessions - What’s Not Covered in Class! (Version Upgrades, Industry Updates, Etc.)
- 365 Days of Unlimited 24x7 Access to SLI's Community - Collaborate with SLI Instructors and Other Members (Monitored Daily by SLI Instructors) See Community Demo
- 365 Days of Unlimited Access to Interactive neXTpertise Sessions and other IT Resources with SLI Instructors (featured hot topics, exam prep, etc.) See Upcoming neXTpertise Sessions
- Unlimited Access to Hosted Webinars and All Previously Recorded Sessions
- Unlimited Access to your Digital Courseware
- Training that fits your needs (from high intensity to small learning bytes)
- Build immediate competency - start at time of purchase!
- Gain know-how and skills gaps with limited work disruptions
- Get quick answers to daily challenges - live interaction!
This five-day course covers the configuration, operation, and implementation of SRX Series Services Gateways in a typical network environment. Key topics within this course include security technologies such as security zones, security policies, Network Address Translation (NAT), IP Security (IPsec), and high availability clusters, as well as details pertaining to basic implementation, configuration, management, and troubleshooting.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and monitoring the Junos OS and monitoring device operations. This course uses Juniper Networks SRX Series Services Gateways and Security Director for the hands-on component. This course is based on Junos OS Release 15.1X49-D70.3 and Junos Space Security Director 16.1.
The course benefits operators of SRX Series devices. These operators include network engineers, administrators, support personnel, and reseller support personnel.
Students should have basic networking knowledge and an understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection (OSI) reference model and the TCP/IP protocol suite. Students should also attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course, or have equivalent experience prior to attending this class.
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to perform the following:
- Describe traditional routing and security and the current trends in internetworking.
- Provide an overview of SRX Series devices and software architecture.
- Describe the logical packet flow and session creation performed by SRX Series devices.
- Describe, configure, and monitor zones.
- Describe, configure, and monitor security policies.
- Describe, configure, and monitor user firewall authentication
- Describe various types of network attacks.
- Configure and monitor Screen options to prevent network attacks.
- Explain, implement, and monitor NAT, as implemented on Junos security platforms.
- Explain the purpose and mechanics of IP Security (IPsec) virtual private networks (VPNs).
- Implement and monitor policy-based and route-based IPsec VPNs.
- Describe, configure, and monitor high availability chassis clusters.
- Describe how to deploy and manage vSRX.
- Describe and configure Group VPNs.
- Describe and configure ADVPNs.
- Troubleshoot chassis clusters, IPsec VPNs, zones, and Security Policies
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: Introduction to Junos Security
- Traditional Routing
- Traditional Security
- The Junos OS Architecture
- The Definition of Zones
- Zone Configuration
- Monitoring Security Zones
- Screen Options
- Lab 1: Configuring and Monitoring Zones
- Security Policy Overview
- Policy Components
- Verifying Policy Operation
- Policy Case Study
- Lab 2: Security Policies
Chapter 5: Advanced Policy Options
- Session Management
- Junos ALGs
- Policy Scheduling
- Troubleshoot Security Zones
- Troubleshoot Security Policies
- Case Studies
- Lab 3: Troubleshooting Security Zones and Policies
- NAT Overview
- Source NAT Operation and Configuration
- Destination NAT Operation and Configuration
- Static NAT Operation and Configuration
- Proxy ARP
- Monitoring and Verifying NAT Operation
- Lab 4: Network Address Translation
Chapter 8: Advanced NAT Concepts
- NAT Interaction with Policy and ALGs
- DNS Doctoring
- Cone NAT
- Multi-Tenant NAT
- IPv4-to-IPv6 NAT
- Advanced NAT Scenarios
- Lab 5: Advanced NAT Implementations
- VPN Types
- Secure VPN Requirements
- IPsec Overview
- IPsec Details
- Configuration of IPsec VPNs
- IPsec VPN Case Studies
- Monitoring IPsec VPN
- Traffic Selectors
- Lab 6: Implementing IPsec VPNs
Chapter 11: Group VPNs
- Group VPN Overview
- GDOI Protocol
- Group VPN Configuration and Monitoring
- Lab 7: Implementing Group VPNs
- ADVPN Overview
- ADVPN Member Roles
- Shortcut Termination
- Routing with ADVPNs
- ADVPN Implementation
- Lab 8: Implementing ADVPNs
- Routing over VPNs
- NAT with IPsec
- Enterprise VPN Deployment Best Practices
- Lab 9: Implementing Routing over VPN Tunnels and IPsec Best Practices
- IKE Phase 1 Troubleshooting
- IKE Phase 2 Troubleshooting
- Case Studies
- Lab 10: Troubleshooting IPsec
Chapter 15: Virtualized SRX
- vSRX Overview
- Installation of vSRX
- Chassis Clustering
- Deployment Scenarios and Use Cases
- Automated Deployments Options
- AWS Deployment Scenarios
- High Availability Overview
- Chassis Cluster Components
- Advanced Chassis Cluster Topics
- Chassis Cluster Configuration
- Chassis Cluster Monitoring
- Advanced Chassis Cluster Topics
- Lab 12: Implementing High Availability Techniques
- Chassis Cluster Troubleshooting
- Case Studies
- IDP Policy Components and Configuration
- Lab 13: Troubleshooting Chassis Clusters
- Branch SRX Platform Overview
- High-End SRX Platform Overview
- SRX Traffic Flow and Distribution
- SRX Interfaces