This Course Includes neXT LIVE 365
LEARN FOR 365 DAYS!
Sunset Learning Institute believes in a 365-day learning experience that begins immediately, regardless of when you attend your ILT course. At SLI, you get a range of learning opportunities, from instructor-led hands-on training, to self-directed, customizable learning paths based on your environment, your needs, and your level of experience. We provide the tools and options, and you decide what you need, when you need it, and how you want to learn it!
- Immediate access to supplemental learning assets that are INCLUDED with your purchase of the above instructor-led training course: 365 Days of Access to SLI’s Entire Juniper Video Reference Library (VRL), not just the 5-day class you sign up for (hundreds of searchable, on-demand learning bytes in 5-15-minute videos)
- 365 Days of Unlimited Access to Delta Sessions - What’s Not Covered in Class! (Version Upgrades, Industry Updates, Etc.)
- 365 Days of Unlimited 24x7 Access to SLI's Community - Collaborate with SLI Instructors and Other Members (Monitored Daily by SLI Instructors) See Community Demo
- 365 Days of Unlimited Access to Interactive neXTpertise Sessions and other IT Resources with SLI Instructors (featured hot topics, exam prep, etc.) See Upcoming neXTpertise Sessions
- Unlimited Access to Hosted Webinars and All Previously Recorded Sessions
- Unlimited Access to your Digital Courseware
- Benefits:Training that fits your needs (from high intensity to small learning bytes)
- Build immediate competency - start at time of purchase!
- Gain know-how and skills gaps with limited work disruptions
- Get quick answers to daily challenges - live interaction!
This two-day course provides students with advanced class-of-service (CoS) knowledge and configuration examples. The course begins with an overview of CoS before going into classification, policing, scheduling, and rewriting. The course then covers class-based forwarding and finishes with a case study.
Through demonstrations and hands-on labs, students will gain experience in configuring and verifying Junos CoS features.
This course benefits individuals responsible for configuring and monitoring devices running the Junos OS, especially those in a service provider environment. It also benefits individuals responsible for designing networks containing devices running the Junos OS.
Course Level: Junos Class of Service is an advanced level course.
Students should attend the Introduction to the Junos Operating System (IJOS) course, the Junos Routing Essentials (JRE) course, and the Junos Intermediate Routing (JIR) course, or have equivalent experience prior to attending this class. General knowledge of CoS concepts is also helpful
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to:
- Understand the history and evolution of CoS.
- Identify the CoS fields in various packet headers.
- List the CoS processing stages on devices running the Junos OS.
- Identify the default CoS settings on devices running the Junos OS.
- Configure and verify behavior aggregate (BA) and multifield (MF) classification.
- Configure and verify two-color and tricolor marking policers.
- Configure and verify schedulers and their components.
- Configure and verify the multiple levels of hierarchical schedulers.
- Configure and verify packet header rewriting.
- Configure and verify class-based forwarding.
- Create a CoS configuration based on a set of design requirements.
Chapter 1: Course Introduction
Chapter 2: CoS Overview
- CoS History and Evolution
- CoS and DiffServe
- CoS Fields in Packet Headers
- CoS Processing
- Classification Overview
- Forwarding Classes and Packet Loss Priority
- Fixed Classification
- Multifield Classification
- Behavior Aggregate Classification
- Lab 1: Configuring Packet Classification
- Policing Overview
- Single-Rate Two-Color Policer
- Tricolor Marking Policers
- Hierarchical Policers
- Applicationâ€”Directly on an Interface
- Applicationâ€”Within a Firewall Filter
- Lab 2: Configuring Policers
- Scheduling Overview
- Transmission Rate
- Queue Priority
- Delay Buffers
- Drop Profiles and Drop Profile Maps
- Scheduling Configuration
- Lab 3: Configuring Schedulers
Chapter 6: Hierarchical Scheduling
- Hierarchical Scheduling Overview
- Scheduler Modes
- Hierarchical Scheduling Levels
- Throughput Example
- Remaining Traffic
- Queue Properties in a Hierarchical Scheduling Context
- Putting It All Together
- Lab 4: Configuring Hierarchical Schedulers
- Packet Header Rewrite Overview
- Rewrite Rules and Tables
- Rewrite Combinations
- Lab 5: Configuring Rewrite Rules
- CBF Overview
- CBF Configuration
- Lab 6: Configuring CBF
- VOIP Case Study Overview
- VOIP Case Study: Ingress Node
- VOIP Case Study: Transit and Egress Nodes
- M Series and T Series Architecture
- M Series and T Series CoS Packet Handling
- IQ2 PIC CoS Packet Handling
- MX Series (DPC and MPC/MIC) Architecture and CoS Packet Handling