All Training Dates are Guaranteed to Run!
This five-day course is designed to cover best practices, theory, and design principles for data center design including data center architectures, data center interconnects, security considerations, virtualization, and data center operations.
Course Level: JND-DC is an intermediate-level course.
- Knowledge of routing and switching architectures and protocols.
- Knowledge of Juniper Networks products and solutions.
- Understanding of infrastructure security principles.
- Basic knowledge of hypervisors and load balancers.
- Completion of the Juniper Networks Design Fundamentals (JNDF) course.
- State high-level concepts about different data center architectures.
- Identify features used to interconnect data centers.
- Identify key high-level considerations about securing and monitoring a data center deployment.
- Outline key high-level concepts when implementing different data center approaches.
- Recommend data center cooling designs and considerations.
- Explain device placement and cabling requirements.
- Outline different data center use cases with basic architectures.
- Describe a traditional multitier data center architecture.
- Explain link aggregation and redundant trunk groups.
- Explain multichassis link aggregation.
- Summarize and discuss key concepts and components of a Virtual Chassis.
- Summarize and discuss key concepts and components of a VCF.
- Summarize and discuss key concepts and components of a QFabric System.
- Summarize and discuss key concepts and components of Junos Fusion.
- List the reasons for the shift to IP fabrics.
- Summarize how to scale an IP fabric.
- State the design considerations of a VXLAN overlay.
- Define the term Data Center Interconnect.
- List differences between the different Layer 2 and Layer 3 DCIs.
- Summarize and discuss the benefits and use cases for EVPN.
- Discuss the security requirements and design principles of the data center.
- Identify the security elements of the data center.
- Explain how to simplify security in the data center.
- Discuss the security enforcement layers in the data center.
- Summarize and discuss the purpose of SDN.
- Explain the function of Contrail.
- Summarize and discuss the purpose of NFV.
- Discuss the purpose and function of vSRX and vMX.
- Discuss the importance of understanding the baseline behaviors in your data center.
- List the characteristics of the Junos Space Network Management Platform and describe its deployment options.
- Describe the importance of analytics.
- Discuss automation in the data center.
- Discuss the benefits of QoS and CoS.
- State the benefits of a converged network.
- Identify general aspects of data center migration.
- Summarize and discuss best practices for migration planning.
- Outline some common migration scenarios.
- Summarize high availability design considerations in the data center.
- Provide an overview of high availability offerings and solutions in the data center.
Module 1: Course Introduction
Module 2: Overview of Data Center Design
- Initial Considerations
- Architectures and Design Considerations
- Connecting Data Centers
- Security and Operation
- Implementation Considerations
- Physical Layout and Placement
- Environmental Conditions
- Cabling Options
- Data Center Use Cases
- Traditional Multitier Architecture
- Link Aggregation and Redundant Trunk Groups
- Multichassis Link Aggregation
- Lab: Designing a Multitier Architecture
Module 5: Ethernet Fabric Architectures
- Virtual Chassis
- Virtual Chassis Fabric
- Junos Fusion
- Ethernet Fabric Design Considerations
- Lab: Ethernet Fabric Architecture
Module 6: IP Fabric Architecture
- The Shift To IP Fabrics
- IP Fabric Routing Design
- IP Fabric Scaling
- Lab: IP Fabric Architecture
- DCI Overview
- Layer 2 DCI
- EVPN Use Cases
- Layer 3 DCI
- Lab: Data Center Interconnect
Module 8: Securing the Data Center
- Overview of Data Center Security
- Security Elements
- Simplifying Security in the Data Center
- Advanced Data Center Security
- Lab: Securing the Data Center
- Designing SDN in the Data Center
- Using Contrail in the Data Center
- Using NFV in the Data Center
- Understanding How Contrail Works in the Data Center
- Working in Virtual Environments in the Data Center
- Lab: SDN and Virtualization
- Understanding Baseline Behaviors
- Deploying Junos Space and JSA
- Understanding Analytics
- Deploying Automation in the Data Center
- Lab: Operating a Data Center
Module 11: Traffic Prioritization for Converged Networks
- Understanding QoS and CoS
- Converging Networks
- Lab: Prioritizing Data in the Data Center
- Migration Overview
- Common Scenarios
- Migration Case Study
- Lab: Data Center Migration
- Data Center High Availability Overview
- Link Level and Physical Device Redundancy
- Device-Level Redundancy