ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
The IPv6 Fundamentals, Design, and Deployment (IP6FD) v3.0 course is a five-day course aimed at providing network engineers and technicians that are working in the enterprise sector with the knowledge and skills that are needed to study and configure Cisco IOS Software IPv6 features. The course also provides an overview of IPv6 technologies, covers IPv6 design and implementation, describes IPv6 operations, addressing, routing, services, transition, and deployment of IPv6 in enterprise as well as service provider networks, and includes case studies useful for deployment scenarios.
This course has been Gold certified by IPv6 Forum. After successfully completing the course, candidates can include on their resumes that they have attended the IPv6 Forum Gold Certified course.
- Understanding of networking and routing
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Windows operating system
Target Audience:Network engineers and technicians that are working in the enterprise sector.
- Describe the factors that led to the development of IPv6 and possible uses of this new IP structure
- Describe the structure of the IPv6 address format, how IPv6 interacts with data link layer technologies, and how IPv6 is supported in Cisco IOS Software
- Implement IPv6 services and applications
- Understand the updates to IPv4 routing protocols needed to support IPv6 topologies
- Understand multicast concepts and IPv6 multicast specifics
- Evaluate the scenario and desired outcome and identify the best transition mechanism for the situation
- Describe security issues, how security for IPv6 is different than for IPv4, and emerging practices for IPv6-enabled networks
- Describe the standards bodies that define IPv6 address allocation, in addition to one of the leading IPv6 deployment issues
- Describe the deployment strategies that service providers might consider when deploying IPv6
- Describe case studies for enterprise, service provider, and branch networks
Module 1: Introduction to IPv6
- Lesson 1: Explaining the Rationale for IPv6
- Lesson 2: Evaluating IPv6 Features and Benefits
- Lesson 3: Understanding Market Drivers
Module 2: IPv6 Operations
- Lesson 1: Understanding the IPv6 Addressing Architecture
- Lesson 2: Describing the IPv6 Header Format
- Lesson 3: Enabling IPv6 on Hosts
- Lesson 4: Enabling IPv6 on Cisco Routers
- Lesson 5: Using ICMPv6 and Neighbor Discovery
- Lesson 6: Troubleshooting IPv6
Module 3: IPv6 Services
- Lesson 1: IPv6 Mobility
- Lesson 2: Describing DNS in an IPv6 Environment
- Lesson 3: Understanding DHCPv6 Operations
- Lesson 4: Understanding QoS Support in an IPv6 Environment
- Lesson 5: Using Cisco IOS Software Features
Module 4: IPv6-Enabled Routing Protocols
- Lesson 1: Routing with RIPng
- Lesson 2: Examining OSPFv3
- Lesson 3: Examining Integrated IS-IS
- Lesson 4: Examining EIGRP for IPv6
- Lesson 5: Understanding MP-BGP
- Lesson 6: Configuring IPv6 Policy-Based Routing
- Lesson 7: Configuring FHRP for IPv6
- Lesson 8: Configuring Route Redistribution
Module 5: IPv6 Multicast Services
- Lesson 1: Implementing Multicast in an IPv6 Network
- Lesson 2: Using IPv6 MLD
Module 6: IPv6 Transition Mechanisms
- Lesson 1: Implementing Dual-Stack
- Lesson 2: Describing IPv6 Tunneling Mechanisms
Module 7: IPv6 Security
- Lesson 1: Configuring IPv6 ACLs
- Lesson 2: Using IPsec, IKE, and VPNs
- Lesson 3: Discussing Security Issues in an IPv6 Transition Environment
- Lesson 4: Understanding IPv6 Security Practices
- Lesson 5: Configuring Cisco IOS Firewall for IPv6
Module 8: Deploying IPv6
- Lesson 1: Examining IPv6 Address Allocation
- Lesson 2: Understanding the IPv6 Multihoming Issue
- Lesson 3: Identifying IPv6 Enterprise Deployment Strategies
Module 9: IPv6 and Service Providers
- Lesson 1: Identifying IPv6 Service Provider Deployment
- Lesson 2: Understanding Support for IPv6 in MPLS
- Lesson 3: Understanding 6VPE
- Lesson 4: Understanding IPv6 Broadband Access Services
Module 10: IPv6 Case Studies
- Lesson 1: Planning and Implementing IPv6 in Enterprise Networks
- Lesson 2: Planning and Implementing IPv6 in Service Provider Networks
- Lesson 3: Planning and Implementing IPv6 in Branch Networks
- Lab 2-1: Enabling IPv6 on Hosts
- Lab 2-2: Using Neighbor Discovery
- Lab 3-1: Using Prefix Delegation
- Lab 4-1: Routing with OSPFv3
- Lab 4-2: Routing with IS-IS
- Lab 4-3: Routing with EIGRP
- Lab 4-4: Routing with BGP and MP-BGP
- Lab 5-1: Multicasting
- Lab 6-1: Implementing Tunnels for IPv6
- Lab 7-1: Configuring Advanced ACLs
- Lab 7-2: Implementing IPsec and IKE
- Lab 7-3: Configuring Cisco IOS Firewall
- Lab 9-1: Configuring 6PE and 6VPE
- Configuration Files Summary
- Lab Activity Solutions
- Teardown and Restoration
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning plans or guided video paths that may contain videos, blogs, articles, quizzes etc. to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.