Introducing Cisco NX-OS Switches and Fabrics in the Data Center (DCINX)
ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
The Introducing Cisco NX-OS Switches and Fabrics in the Data Center (DCINX) v1.0 course gives you a technical overview the Cisco Nexus© Switches key capabilities including platforms, architecture, software, management, and features that contribute to performance, high availability, flexibility, operational simplicity, and investment protection. The course is for technical decision-makers and IT professionals who architect, implement, and manage Cisco Nexus switches in data center environments. You will have hands-on practice exploring key features including Virtual Device Contexts (VDC), First Hop Redundancy protocols (FHRPs), and user management.
The Configuring Cisco Nexus Switches (DCCNX) v1.0 course may also be taken after taking this course to learn how to configure the Cisco Nexus Switches using Cisco© NX-OS.
To fully benefit from this course, you should have the following knowledge and skills:
- Familiarity with Cisco data center technologies
- Understand networking protocols, routing, and switching
- Understand business and application requirements
These are the recommended Cisco courses that may help you meet these prerequisites:
- Implementing and Administering Cisco Solutions (CCNA©_)
- Understanding Cisco Data Center Foundations (DCFNDU) v1.0
- Implementing and Operating Cisco Data Center Core Technologies (DCCOR) v1.0
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Networking (DCICN)
- Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT)
- Solutions architects
- Data center architects
- Network architects
- System engineers
- Data center engineers
- Network engineers
- Technical decision-makers
- Presales engineers
- Cisco integrators and partners
After taking this course, you should be able to:
- Identify the platforms that make the Cisco Nexus 7000, 5000, 3000, and 2000 product families
- Implement Cisco Nexus
- Explore Cisco Nexus basic features
- Describe virtual device contexts
- Describe port channels and virtual port channels
- Configure First Hop Redundancy protocols
Identifying Cisco Nexus Platforms
- Cisco Nexus 7000 and 7700 Series Overview
- Cisco Nexus 5600 Series Overview
- Cisco Nexus 3000 Series Overview
- Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Overview
Implementing Cisco Nexus Platforms
- Cisco Nexus in Data Center Architecture
- Cisco NX-OS Software
- Licensing Model
Managing Cisco Nexus Platforms
- Cisco Nexus Command-line Interface (CLI) and GUI Management Interfaces
- Cisco NX-OS Setup Utility
- PowerOn Auto Provisioning
- Cisco NX-OS User Management
- User Account and Role Configuration
Describing Virtual Device Contexts (VDC)
- Virtual Device Context
- VDC Types
- VDC Resources and Resource Templates
Describing Port Channels and Virtual Port Channels
- Port-Channel Operation
- vPC Concept and Benefits
- vPC Architecture
- vPC Control and Data Plane
Configuring First Hop Redundancy Protocols
- Hot Standby Router Protocol (HSRP) Overview
- Virtual Router Redundancy ProtocolVRRP) Overview
- Gateway Load Balancing Protocol (GLBP) Overview
- Explore Cisco Nexus Platforms
- Configure User Management
- Configure VDC and User Management
- Configure and Verify vPC
- Configure FHRP Protocols
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning plans or guided video paths that may contain videos, blogs, articles, quizzes etc. to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.