ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Introducing Cisco Data Center Technologies (DCICT) v6.2 prepares students for the Cisco CCNA Data Center certification and for associate-level data center roles. The course covers foundational knowledge, skills, and technologies, including networking technologies, data center network virtualization, unified computing, data center automation and orchestration, and Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI). The training provided in this course is focused on data center basic operations covering the topics needed for today’s demanding associate-level positions. The hands-on lab exercises focus on configuring features in Cisco NX-OS Software, Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS), and Cisco UCS Director.
- Good understanding of networking protocols
- Good understanding of the VMware environment
- Network designers, administrators, engineers, and managers
- Storage administrators
- Server administrators
- Program managers
- Project managers
- Systems engineers
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Describe switch and machine virtualization
- Describe network virtualization, including overlays, virtual switches, and the Cisco Nexus 1000V solution.
- Describe Cisco FabricPath and Cisco Fabric Extender (FEX) connectivity
- Describe Ethernet port channels and virtual port channels (vPC) and Cisco Uniifed Fabric
- Identify Cisco UCS components
- Describe Cisco UCS organizational hierarchy and role-based access control (RBAC)
- Describe how to deploy servers in Cisco UCS
- Describe the purpose and advantages of application programming interfaces (API)
- Describe cloud computing basic concepts
- Describe Cisco UCS Director, its functional blocks and deployment models
- Describe Cisco UCS Director Orchestration features: policies, virtual data centers, workflows, and catalogs.
- Describe Cisco ACI, traffic forwarding through the Cisco ACI fabric, as well as programming and orchestration capabilities
- Explain traffic forwarding mechanisms in Cisco ACI
- Describe programmability and orchestration capabilities of Cisco ACI
Module 1: Cisco Data Center Network Virtualization
- Lesson 1: Describing Switch Virtualization
- Lesson 2: Describing Machine Virtualization
- Lesson 3: Describing Network Virtualization
Module 2: Cisco Data Center Network Technologies Configuration
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco FabricPath
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco Fabric Extender
- Lesson 3: Describing Port Channels and Virtual Port Channels
- Lesson 4: Describing Cisco Unified Fabric
Module 3: Cisco Unified Computing System
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco UCS Components
- Lesson 2: Cisco UCS RBAC
- Lesson 3: Deploying Servers in Cisco UCS
Module 4: Data Center Automation and Orchestration
- Lesson 1: Using Application Programming Interfaces
- Lesson 2: Cloud Computing
- Lesson 3: Describing Cisco UCS Director
- Lesson 4: Using Cisco UCS Director for Orchestration
Module 5: Cisco Application-Centric Infrastructure
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco ACI
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco ACI Traffic Forwarding
- Lesson 3: Programming and Orchestrating Cisco ACI
- ï»¿Guided Lab 1: Configure Virtual Routing and Forwarding by Using SSH
- Guided Lab 2: Explore the Elements of Virtual Device Contexts
- Guided Lab 3: Install VMware ESXi and vCenter
- Guided Lab 4: Configure Cisco FabricPath
- Guided Lab 5: Configure the Cisco Nexus 2000 Fabric Extender
- Guided Lab 6: Configure Virtual Port Channels
- Guided Lab 7: Configure Virtual Port Channels with FEX
- Guided Lab 8: Configure Unified Ports on Cisco Nexus Switch and Implement FCoE
- Guided Lab 9: Explore Cisco UCS Server Environment
- Guided Lab 10: Configure Local RBAC
- Guided Lab 11: Configure Cisco UCS to Boot Servers from SAN
- Guided Lab 12: Configure Cisco NX-OS with APIs
- Guided Lab 13: Explore the Management Information Tree of the Cisco UCS Manager XML API
- Guided Lab 14: Configure User Accounts in Cisco UCS Director
- Guided Lab 15: Add Virtual and Physical Accounts to Cisco UCS Director
- Guided Lab 16: Customize Cisco UCS Director
- Guided Lab 17: Explore Cisco UCS Director Monitoring Capabilities
- Guided Lab 18: Use Cisco UCS Director Orchestration Features
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning paths can contain videos, blogs, articles, and quizzes combined to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.