ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Cisco ASA Core is a five day course that covers the Cisco ASA 9.0 / 9.1 core firewall and VPN features. This course offers hands-on labs and is designed to teach network security enginners working on the Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance to implement core Cisco ASA features, including the new ASA 9.0 and 9.1 features.
If you are considering this course, you may also be interested in ASA Essentials (ASAE). The content in SASAC is very similar to ASAE and we have dates for the ASAE class.
In order to fully benefit from this course, it is strongly recommended that students have the following prior to enrollment:
- Working knowledge of basic IP networking
- Basic Cisco ASA Knowledge
It would also be beneficial to have the following:
- Successful completion of FIREWALL
- Successful completion of VPN
Target Audience:This course is designed for network engineers responsible for supporting Cisco ASA 9.x implementations.
Upon successful completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Explain the core essential features of Cisco ASA 5500-X Series Next Generation Firewalls
- Describe how to implement Cisco ASA basic connectivity and device management
- Implement basic Cisco ASA network integration
- Describe and implement basic Cisco ASA policy controls
- Describe Cisco ASA common VPN components
- Describe and implement Cisco ASA clientless VPN solutions
- Describe and implement Cisco ASA and Cisco AnyConnect full tunnel VPN solutions
Module 1: Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Essentials
- Lesson 1: Evaluating Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Technologies
- Lesson 2: Identifying Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Models
- Lesson 3: Identifying Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Licensing Options
Module 2: Basic Connectivity and Device Management
- Lesson 1: Preparing the Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance for Network Integration
- Lesson 2: Managing Basic Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Network Settings
Module 3: Network Integration
- Lesson 1: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance NAT Features
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Basic Access Control Features
- Lesson 3: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Routing Features
Module 4: Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Policy Controls
- Lesson 1: Defining the Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance MPF
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Advanced Applications Inspections
Module 5: Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance VPN Common Components
- Lesson 1: VPN Overview
- Lesson 2: Implementing Policies, Group Policies, and User Policies
- Lesson 3: Implementing PKI Services
Module 6: Cisco Clientless VPN Solution
- Lesson 1: Introducing Clientless SSL VPN
- Lesson 2: Deploying Basic Cisco Clientless SSL VPN on the Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance
- Lesson 3: Deploying Application Access in Cisco Clientless SSL VPN
- Lesson 4: Deploying Client-Side Authentication and Authorization in Clientless SSL VPN
Module 7: Cisco AnyConnect Full Tunnel VPN Solutions
- Lesson 1: Deploying Basic Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Lesson 2: Deploying Advanced Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on Cisco ASA
- Lesson 3: Deploying Advanced Authentication and Authorization in Cisco AnyConnect VPNs
- Lesson 4: Deploying Cisco AnyConnect IPsec/IKEv2 VPNs
Module 8: Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance High Availability and Virtualization
- Lesson 1: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Interface Redundancy Features
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Active/Standby High Availability
- Lesson 3: Configuring Security Contexts on the Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance
- Lesson 4: Configuring Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance Active/Active High Availability (Optional)
- Lab 1: Accessing the Remote Lab Environment
- Lab 2: Configuring the Cisco ASA Adaptive Security Appliance
- Lab 3: Configuring NAT
- Lab 4: Configuring Basic Cisco Access Control Features
- Lab 5: Configuring MPF, Basic Stateful Inspections, and QoS
- Lab 6: Configuring MPF Advanced Application Inspections
- Lab 7: Implementing Basic Clientless SSL VPN on the Cisco ASA
- Lab 8: Configuring Application Access for Clientless SSL VPN on the Cisco ASA
- Lab 9: Implementing External Authentication and Authorization for Clientless SSL VPNs
- Lab 10: Implementing Basic Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPN on the Cisco ASA
- Lab 11: Configuring Advanced Authentication for Cisco AnyConnect SSL VPNs
- Lab 12: Implementing Cisco AnyConnect IPsec/IKEv2 VPNs
- Lab 13: Configuring Active/Standby High Availability
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning paths can contain videos, blogs, articles, and quizzes combined to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.