ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
This course is an update to the Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices v1.0 (VIVND) course. It will help you prepare for the CCNA Collaboration certification. This course includes a combination of (CIVND1) and (CIVND2).
Part 1 of Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices v1.0 provides you with the necessary knowledge to describe characteristics of Cisco video solutions and assess the requirements for a successful implementation of a video solution. The course describes the characteristics of a video solution and enables you to evaluate the general requirements for video deployments such as codec options, media formats, protocols, network impact, high-level architectural components, interactions, and requisites to the environment.
Part 2 of Implementing Cisco Video Network Devices v1.0 is designed to provide you with the necessary knowledge and skills to implement various Cisco video endpoints in converged Cisco video infrastructures. It will describes Cisco Business Video solutions and enable you to implement and troubleshoot Cisco Unified Communication and Collaboration, TelePresence, and Digital Media Player in different Cisco Business Video solution architectures.
The software applications that are covered in this course include:
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Cisco Unified Communications Manager IM and Presence
- Cisco TelePresence Video Communication Server
- Cisco TelePresence Multipoint Controller Unit
- Cisco TMS Server
- Working knowledge of basic IP networking
- Knowledge of video conferencing and streaming fundamentals
- Cisco Basic IP networking e-learning or Interconnecting Cisco Devices, Part 1and 2 (ICND1 and ICND2)
- Network administrators and network engineers
- System engineers
Upon completing the course, students will be able to meet the following objectives:
- Describe Cisco Business Video components and architectures
- Implement Cisco Collaboration endpoints
- Implement Cisco TelePresence endpoints
- Implement multipoint conferencing on Cisco collaboration endpoints
- Implement Cisco DMP endpoints
Course Outline:Module 1: Cisco Business Video Solutions
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco Video and Content Delivery
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco Video Surveillance
- Lesson 3: Describing Cisco Collaboration
- Lesson 4: Discovering Central Collaboration Endpoint Control Elements
- Lesson 1: Describing and Installing Cisco Unified IP Phones, Collaboration Desk Endpoints, and Cisco Jabber
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco Unified IP Phones and Cisco Jabber
- Lesson 3: Operating and Troubleshooting Cisco Unified IP Phones and Cisco Jabber
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco TelePresence Endpoint Characteristics and Installation
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco TelePresence CTS Software-Based and Cisco DX650 Endpoints
- Lesson 3: Configuring Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoints
- Lesson 4: Operating and Troubleshooting Cisco TelePresence Endpoints
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco Multipoint Conferencing Solutions
- Lesson 2: Configuring and Monitoring Cisco Multipoint Conferencing
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco DMP Characteristics and Installation
- Lesson 2: Configuring Cisco DMPs
- Lesson 3: Managing Cisco Edge 340 DMPs
- Lab 1: Implement Cisco Collaboration Endpoints
- Lab 2: Operate and Troubleshoot Cisco Collaboration Endpoints
- Lab 3: Implement Cisco Desktop Collaboration Experience DX650 Endpoints
- Lab 4: Implement Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoints
- Lab 5: Implement Multipoint Calls on Cisco Collaboration Endpoints
- Lab 6: Implement the Cisco Edge 340 DMP
- Lab 7: Use Appspace to Manage a Cisco Edge 340 DMP (Instructor-Led Demo)
- Discovery 1: Verify Collaboration Endpoint Registration Status on Cisco Unified Communications Manager
- Discovery 2: Verify Collaboration Endpoint Registration Status on Cisco VCS
- Discovery 3: Install Cisco Jabber Client Software
- Discovery 4: Erase Trust Files
- Discovery 5: Dialed Number Analyzer
- Discovery 6: View WEI on Windows 7
- Discovery 7: Reset the Cisco DX650 to Factory Defaults
- Discovery 8: Reset Cisco TelePresence SX20 Quick Sets to Factory Defaults
- Discovery 9: Connect the Cisco TelePresence Touch
- Discovery 10: Use the Cisco Unified Communications Manager Phonebook
- Discovery 11: View Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoint System Information
- Discovery 12: Collect Event Logs
- Discovery 13: Collect SIP and H.323 Logs on a Cisco TelePresence TC Software-Based Endpoint
- Discovery 14: Verify Cisco TMS IP Connectivity, Version, Licenses, and Routing Setup
- Discovery 15: Verify Cisco TelePresence MCU IP Connectivity, Service Status, and Media Ports
- Discovery 16: Connecting Cisco DMP Peripherals
- Discovery 17: Cisco DMP Factory Reset
- Discovery 18: Cisco Edge 340 DMP Configuration Management
What's Included With This Class?
This course includes a 365-day membership to our neXT Learning Community! You will join thousands of other neXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Join thousands of other members in our neXT Learning Community for an entire year!
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Learning paths can contain videos, blogs, articles, and quizzes combined to help meet specific objectives.