ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Implementing Cisco IP Routing (ROUTE) v2.0 is an instructor-led five-day training course developed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP certification. The ROUTE course is a component of the CCNP Routing and Switching curriculum.
This course is designed to provide professionals working with medium to large networks with the skills and knowledge required to incorporate advanced routing concepts when implementing scalability for Cisco routers that are connected to LANs and WANs. Students will build upon the knowledge and skills from CCNA Routing and Switching and help expand competencies to plan, implement, and monitor a scalable routing network.
The overall design of the new ROUTE training is now heavily focused on lab-based learning. Some older topics have been removed or simplified from ROUTE v1.0, while several new IPv6 routing topics have been added. The course content has been adapted to Cisco IOS Software Release 15 and technically updated.
The knowledge and skills that a learner should have before attending this curriculum are as follows:
- Describing network fundamentals
- Establishing Internet and WAN connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Managing network device security
- Operating a medium-sized LAN with multiple switches, supporting VLANs, trunking, and spanning tree
- Troubleshooting IP connectivity (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Configuring and troubleshooting EIGRP and OSPF (IPv4 and IPv6)
- Configuring devices for SNMP, syslog, and NetFlow access
- Managing Cisco device configurations, Cisco IOS images, and licenses
It is highly recommended that this course be taken after the following Cisco courses:
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices v2.0, Part 1 (ICND1 v2.0) and Part 2 (ICND2 v2.0), or
- Interconnecting Cisco Networking Devices: Accelerated Version 2.0 (CCNAX v2.0)
This course is appropriate for learners who aim to be network professionals and who have knowledge obtained from Cisco CCNA courses. Typical job roles include network engineers, support engineers, systems engineers or network technicians.
After completing this course, students will be able to…
- Describe routing protocols, different remote connectivity options, and their impact on routing and implementing RIPng
- Configure EIGRP in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- Configure OSPF in IPv4 and IPv6 environments
- Implement route redistribution using filtering mechanisms
- Implement path control using policy-based routing and IP SLA
- Implement enterprise Internet connectivity
- Secure Cisco routers according to best practices and configure authentication for routing protocols
Module 1: Basic Network and Routing Concepts
- Lesson 1: Differentiating Routing Protocols
- Lesson 2: Understanding Network Technologies
- Lesson 3: Connecting Remote Locations with the Headquarters
- Lesson 4: Implementing RIPng
Module 2: EIGRP Implementation
- Lesson 1: Establishing EIGRP Neighbor Relationships
- Lesson 2: Building the EIGRP Topology Table
- Lesson 3: Optimizing EIGRP Behavior
- Lesson 4: Configuring EIGRP for IPv6
- Lesson 5: Discovering Named EIGRP Configuration
Module 3: OSPF Implementation
- Lesson 1: Establishing OSPF Neighbor Relationships
- Lesson 2: Building the Link-State Database
- Lesson 3: Optimizing OSPF Behavior
- Lesson 4: Configuring OSPFv3
Module 4: Configuration of Redistribution
- Lesson 1: Implementing Basic Routing Protocol Redistribution
- Lesson 2: Manipulating Redistribution Using Route Filtering
Module 5: Path Control Implementation
- Lesson 1: Using Cisco Express Forwarding Switching
- Lesson 2: Implementing Path Control
Module 6: Enterprise Internet Connectivity
- Lesson 1: Planning Enterprise Internet Connectivity
- Lesson 2: Establishing Single-Homed IPv4 Internet Connectivity
- Lesson 3: Establishing Single-Homed IPv6 Internet Connectivity
- Lesson 4: Improving Resilience of Internet Connectivity
- Lesson 5: Considering Advantages of Using BGP
- Lesson 6: Implementing Basic BGP Operations
- Lesson 7: Using BGP Attributes and the Path Selection Process
- Lesson 8: Controlling BGP Routing Updates
- Lesson 9: Implementing BGP for IPv6 Internet Connectivity
Module 7: Routers and Routing Protocol Hardening
- Lesson 1: Securing Cisco Routers
- Lesson 2: Describing Routing Protocol Authentication Options
- Lesson 3: Configuring EIGRP Authentication
- Lesson 4: Configuring OSPF Authentication
- Lesson 5: Configuring BGP Authentication
The following discovery labs are included in this course:
- Discovery 1: Configuring RIPng
- Discovery 2: Configuring and Investigating Basic EIGRP
- Discovery 3: Building The EIGRP Topology Table
- Discovery 4: EIGRP Stub Routing
- Discovery 5: EIGRP Summarization
- Discovery 6: EIGRP Load Balancing
- Discovery 7: EIGRP for IPv6 Configuration
- Discovery 8: Discovering Named EIGRP Configuration
- Discovery 9: Basic OSPF Configuration Introduction
- Discovery 10: Building the Link-State Database
- Discovery 11: OSPF Path Selection
- Discovery 12: OSPF Route Summarization
- Discovery 13: OSPF Stub Areas
- Discovery 14: Implementing OSPFv3
- Discovery 15: Basic Redistribution
- Discovery 16: Manipulate Redistribution
- Discovery 17: Manipulate Redistribution Using Route Maps
- Discovery 18: Analyzing CEF
- Discovery 19: Implementing PBR
- Discovery 20: NAT Virtual Interface
- Discovery 21: Basic IPv6 Internet Connectivity
- Discovery 22: Basic BGP Configuration
- Discovery 23: Influencing BGP Path Selection
- Discovery 24: BGP for IPv6
- Discovery 25: Configuring EIGRP Authentication
- Discovery 26: OSPF Authentication Configuration
The following challenge labs are included in this course:
- Challenge 1: Configure RIPng
- Challenge 2: Configure EIGRP
- Challenge 3: Configure and Optimize EIGRP for IPv6
- Challenge 4: Implement EIGRP for IPv4 and IPv6 Through Named Configuration
- Challenge 5: Configure OSPF
- Challenge 6: Optimize OSPF
- Challenge 7: Configure OSPFv3
- Challenge 8: Implement Redistribution Using Route Filtering
- Challenge 9: Implement Path Control
- Challenge 10: Configuring BGP
- Challenge 11: Configure Authentication for EIGRP Routes
- Challenge 12: Configure BGP Authentication
What's Included With This Class?
This course includes a 365-day membership to our neXT Learning Community! You will join thousands of other neXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Join thousands of other members in our neXT Learning Community for an entire year!
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Learning paths can contain videos, blogs, articles, and quizzes combined to help meet specific objectives.