ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
The Implementing Cisco Data Center Virtualization and Automation (DCVAI) course is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP Data Center certification and for professional-level data center roles. The focus of this skills-building course is on the implementation and deployment automation of Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure (ACI) and Cisco Nexus switches. The course provides rich hands-on experience in building a data center solution based on Cisco ACI. Learners are introduced to the automation capabilities offered by Python and RESTful APIs in combination with Cisco ACI and Cisco Nexus switches.
To fully benefit from this course, students should be able to do the following:
- Describe data center networking concepts
- Describe data center storage concepts
- Describe data center virtualization
- Network Designer
- Network Administrator
- Network Engineer
- Systems Engineer
- Consulting Systems Engineer
- Technical Solutions Architect
- Cisco Integrators/Partners
After completion of this course, students will be able to…
- ï»¿Implement infrastructure virtualization solutions, such as VDC, VRFs, Cisco Nexus 1000v, and Cisco AVS
- Identify programmability methods and program Cisco Nexus switches using XML, Python, and NXAPI
- Implement a Cisco ACI solution that provides fabric connectivity to bare-metal hosts, virtual machines, and external Layer 2 and Layer 3 domains
- Integrate Cisco ACI with virtual machine managers, such as VMware vCenter
- Enforce application policies in intra- and intertenant scenarios
- Deploy Cisco AVS and microsegmentation
- Program Cisco ACI using Python, RESTful APIs, and Arya
- Orchestrate Cisco ACI using the Cisco UCS Director
- Insert L4-L7 services into the Cisco ACI fabric
- Monitor Cisco ACI deployment using atomic counters and other monitoring tools.
- Lesson 1: Configuring Logical Device Separation
- Lesson 2: Configuring Virtual Switching Technology
- Lesson 1: Implementing Configuration Programmability
- Lesson 2: Implementing Configuration Profiles
- Lesson 3: Using Scripting Tools
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco ACI
- Lesson 1: Building Tenant-Based Policies with Bare-Metal Hosts
- Lesson 2: Describing VMM Domain Integration
- Lesson 3: Multitier Applications in Cisco ACI
- Lesson 1: Monitoring and Managing Cisco ACI
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco ACI Programmability and Orchestration
- Lesson 1: Describing vPC
- Lesson 2: Deploying Cisco AVS
- Lesson 1: Describing Packet Flow Internal to the ACI Fabric
- Lesson 2: Describing External Layer 3 Network Integration
- Lesson 3: Describing External Layer 2 Network Integration
- Lesson 4: Configuring Service Insertion and Redirection
- Guided Lab 1: Implement Cisco NX-OS Configuration Automation
- Guided Lab 2: Discover and Initialize ACI Fabric
- Guided Lab 3: Implement Cisco ACI Fabric Connectivity for Bare-Metal Hosts
- Guided Lab 4: Implement Cisco ACI Fabric Connectivity for VMs
- Guided Lab 5: Implement Application Policies
- Guided Lab 6: Implement Inter-Tenant Connectivity
- Guided Lab 7: Program Cisco APIC Using Python and Arya
- Guided Lab 8: Implement vPC to Hypervisors
- Guided Lab 9: Deploy Cisco AVS and Microsegmentation
- Guided Lab 10: Enable Connectivity to External Layer 3 Networks
- Guided Lab 11: Enable Connectivity to External Layer 2 Networks
- Guided Lab 12: Provision Layer 2 Extension Using Cisco UCS Director
- Guided Lab 13: Deploy Service Graph ASA NGFW
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning paths can contain videos, blogs, articles, and quizzes combined to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.