ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
The Implementing Cisco Data Center Infrastructure (DCII) course is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP Data Center certification and for professional-level data center roles. The focus of this skills-building course is implementation of LANs, SANs, and data center unified fabric using Cisco MDS switches, Cisco Nexus switches, and Cisco Nexus 2000 Series Fabric Extenders (FEXs). The course provides rich hands-on experience with implementing Cisco data center infrastructure.
The knowledge and skills that a learner should have before attending this course:Describe data center networking concepts
- Describe data center storage concepts
- Describe data center virtualization
- Describe Cisco Unified Computing System
- Describe data center automation and orchestration with the focus on Cisco ACI and UCS Director
- Identify products in the Cisco Data Center Nexus and MDS families
- Describe network fundamentals and build simple LANs, including switching and routing
- Systems and field engineers, consulting systems engineers, technical solutions architects, and Cisco integrators and partners who install and implement the Cisco Nexus 7000 and 5000 Series switches and the Cisco Nexus 2000 Series fabric extenders
- Data center engineers and managers, program managers, and project managers
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Configure Rapid PVST+, MST and available STP options
- Configure FEX in static, dynamic, and enhanced vPC setup
- Configure port channels and virtual port channels
- Implement FabricPath and and describe DFA
- Configure OTV
- Configure VXLAN
- Describe LISP
- Configure first hop redundancy protocols
- Configure routing on a Cisco Nexus switch
- Implement multicast functionality in a Cisco Data Center network architecture
- Manage user accounts, SSH, and AAA on Cisco NX-OS
- Describe and configure system security features
- Perform basic Fibre Channel configuration
- Manage FC domains
- Configure port security and fabric binding
- Describe FCoE
- Configure FCoE
- Describe and configure distributed device aliases
- Describe and configure zoning
- Configure NPIV and NPV
- Describe and configure FCIP
- Configure system management and infrastructure monitoring
- Configure infrastructure monitoring and programmability
Course Outline:Module 1: Data Center Protocols
- Lesson 1: Configuring Spanning Tree Protocol
- Lesson 2: Configuring Port Channels
- Lesson 3: Configuring Fabric Extenders
- Lesson 4: Implementing Cisco FabricPath
- Lesson 5: Understanding Overlay Transport Virtualization
- Lesson 6: Implementing VXLAN
- Lesson 7: Implementing LISP
- Lesson 1: Configuring First-Hop Redundancy
- Lesson 2: Configuring Routing
- Lesson 3: Configuring IP Multicast
- Lesson 1: Configuring User Management
- Lesson 2: Configuring System Security Features
- Lesson 1: Basic Fibre Channel Configuration
- Lesson 2: Managing Domains
- Lesson 3: Implementing Port Security and Fabric Binding
- Lesson 1: Describing FCoE
- Lesson 2: Implementing FCoE
- Lesson 1: Configuring Distributed Device Aliases
- Lesson 2: Implementing Zoning
- Lesson 3: Configuring NPIV and NPV
- Lesson 4: Configuring Fibre Channel Over IP
- Lesson 1: Configuring System Management
- Lesson 2: Configuring Infrastructure Monitoring
- Guided Lab 1: Configure Layer 2 Switching
- Guided Lab 2: Configure Port Channels
- Guided Lab 3: Configure FEX
- Guided Lab 4: Configure Cisco FabricPath
- Guided Lab 5: Configure OTV
- Guided Lab 6: Configure VXLAN
- Guided Lab 7: Configure VRRP
- Guided Lab 8: Configu0re OSPF
- Guided Lab 9: Configure User Management Security Features
- Guided Lab 10: Configure System Security Features
- Guided Lab 11: Configure Fibre Channel
- Guided Lab 12: Manage Domains and Configure Persistent FCIDs
- Guided Lab 13: Configure Fabric Binding and Port Security
- Guided Lab 14: Configure FCoE
- Guided Lab 15: Configure Device Aliases
- Guided Lab 16: Configure Zoning
- Guided Lab 17: Configure NPV
- Guided Lab 18: Configure System Management
- Guided Lab 19: Implement Infrastructure Monitoring
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning paths can contain videos, blogs, articles, and quizzes combined to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.