ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
This course is designed for big data analysts who want to use the HBase NoSQL database which runs on top of HDFS to provide real-time read/write access to sparse datasets. Topics include HBase architecture, services, installation and schema design.
Students must have basic familiarity with data management systems. Familiarity with Hadoop or databases is helpful but not required. Students new to Hadoop are encouraged to attend the HDP Overview: Apache Hadoop Essentials course.
Target Audience:Architects, software developers, and analysts responsible for implementing non-SQL databases in order to handle sparse data sets commonly found in big data use cases.
By the end of class, students will be able to:
- How HBase integrates with Hadoop and HDFS
- Architectural components and core concepts of HBase
- HBase functionality
- Installing and configuring HBase
- HBase schema design
- Importing and exporting data
- Backup and recovery
- Monitoring and managing HBase
- How Apache Phoenix works with HBase
- How HBase integrates with Apache ZooKeeper
- HBase services and data operations
- Optimizing HBase Access
65% Hands-on Labs
Course Outine:Hands-On Labs
- Using Hadoop and MapReduce
- Using HBase
- Importing Data from MySQL to HBase
- Using Apache ZooKeeper
- Examining Configuration Files
- Using Backup and Snapshot
- HBase Shell Operations
- Creating Tables with Multiple Column Families
- Exploring HBase Schema
- Blocksize and Bloom filters
- Exporting Data
- Using a Java Data Access Object Application to Interact with HBase