Linux system administrators and cloud administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private cloud. Cloud operators interested in providing high availability for their cloud. RHCE certification or requisite level of knowledge is highly recommended.
Full Course Outline
Introduction to high availability
- Define how high availability can secure and improve Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform services.
Deploying a high-availability cluster
- Configure Pacemaker, Corosync and HaProxy for the OpenStack API services.
Configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform services
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform and configure the API services.
Implement an active-passive MySQL cluster
- Connect the MySQL database with the highly available architecture.
Implement an active-active Qpid broker
- Set up and run a pool of message brokers to improve availability and reliability.
Testing the environment
- Run a unit test protocol for every service, and review and validate the high-availability services.
Running failure scenarios
- Fail various services and test high availability.
Implement an even more highly available cloud
- ï»¿Explore innovative ways to secure your cloud data using top open source clustering solutions like MariaDB Galera and GlusterFS, a Red Hat community storage project.