High Availability with Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform (CL 332)
ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
- Deep knowledge of OpenStack services and their connectivity.
- Understanding of high-availability concepts and high-availability implementations.
Linux system administrators and cloud administrators interested in, or responsible for, maintaining a private cloud. Cloud operators interested in providing high availability for their cloud. RHCE certification or requisite level of knowledge is highly recommended.
- High-availability basic concepts
- Comprehensive plan for a highly available cloud
- Cluster a Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform environment using high-availability designs and implementations
- Validation of the highly available cloud
- MariaDB Galera cluster for Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform database
- GlusterFS for Glance and Cinder
Introduction to high availability
- Define how high availability can secure and improve Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform services.
Deploying a high-availability cluster
- Configure Pacemaker, Corosync and HaProxy for the OpenStack API services.
Configure Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform services
- Install Red Hat Enterprise Linux OpenStack Platform and configure the API services.
Implement an active-passive MySQL cluster
- Connect the MySQL database with the highly available architecture.
Implement an active-active Qpid broker
- Set up and run a pool of message brokers to improve availability and reliability.
Testing the environment
- Run a unit test protocol for every service, and review and validate the high-availability services.
Running failure scenarios
- Fail various services and test high availability.
Implement an even more highly available cloud
- ï»¿Explore innovative ways to secure your cloud data using top open source clustering solutions like MariaDB Galera and GlusterFS, a Red Hat community storage project.