ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
This course provides a technical overview of Apache Hadoop. It includes high-level information about concepts, architecture, operation, and uses of the Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) and the Hadoop ecosystem. The course provides an optional primer for those who plan to attend a hands-on, instructor-led courses.
No previous Hadoop or programming knowledge is required. Students will need browser access to the Internet.
Target Audience:Data architects, data integration architects, managers, C-level executives, decision makers, technical infrastructure team, and Hadoop administrators or developers who want to understand the fundamentals of Big Data and the Hadoop ecosystem.
- Describe the use case for Hadoop
- Identify Hadoop Ecosystem architectural categories
- Data Management
- Data Access
- Data Governance and Integration
- Detail the HDFS architecture
- Describe data ingestion options and frameworks for batch and real-time streaming
- Explain the fundamentals of parallel processing
- See popular data transformation and processing engines in action
- Apache Hive
- Apache Pig
- Apache Spark
- Detail the architecture and features of YARN
- Describe how to secure Hadoop
Day 1: HDP Overview: Apache Hadoop Essentials
- The Case for Hadoop
- The Hadoop Ecosystem
- HDFS Architecture
- Ingesting Data
- Parallel Processing
- Apache Hive Overview
- Apache Pig Overview
- Apache Spark Overview
- YARN Architecture
- Hadoop Security
- Operational Overview with Ambari
- Loading Data into HDFS
- Streaming Data into HDFS
- Processing with MapReduce
- Data Manipulation with Hive
- Risk Analysis with Pig
- Risk Analysis with Spark
- Securing Ranger with Hive