ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
This course is designed for experienced administrators who manage Hortonworks Data Platform (HDP) clusters with Ambari. It covers upgrades, configuration, application management, and other common tasks.
Prerequisites:Attendees should have attended HDP Operations: Hadoop Administration 1 or possess equivalent knowledge and experience. Attendees should be familiar with basic HDP administration and Linux environments.
Target Audience:IT administrators and operators responsible for configuring, managing, and supporting an Hadoop deployment in a Linux environment using Ambari.
- Execute automated installation of and upgrades to HDP clusters
- Configure HDFS for NFS integration and centralized caching
- Control application behavior using node labels
- Deploy applications using Slider
- Understand how to configure HDP for optimum Hive performance
- Understand how to manage HDP data compression
- Integrate Ambari with an existing LDAP environments to manage users and groups
- Configure high availability for Hive and Oozie
- Ingest SQL tables and log files into HDFS
- Support scalable and automated HDP application best practices
- Configure automated HDP data replication
- 60% Lecture/Discussion
- 40% Hands-on Labs
- Introduction to the Lab Environment
- Perform an HDP Rolling Upgrade
- Configure HDFS NFS Gateway
- Configure HDFS Centralized Cache
- Configure YARN Node Labels
- Deploy HBase using Slider
- Integrate Ambari with LDAP
- Configure Hive High Availability
- Run an Oozie Workflow
- Configure Oozie High Availability
- Configure Data Mirroring using Falcon
- Install HDP using Ambari Blueprints
- Hive Performance Tuning
- Managing Data Compression
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning paths can contain videos, blogs, articles, and quizzes combined to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.