This Course Includes neXT LIVE 365
|LEARN FOR 365 DAYS!|
Sunset Learning Institute believes in a 365-day learning experience that begins immediately, regardless of when you attend your ILT course. At SLI, you get a range of learning opportunities, from instructor-led hands-on training, to self-directed, customizable learning paths based on your environment, your needs, and your level of experience. We provide the tools and options, and you decide what you need, when you need it, and how you want to learn it!
Immediate access to supplemental learning assets that are INCLUDED with your purchase of the above instructor-led training course:
ALL COURSE DATES ARE GUARANTEED TO RUN !
This course is designed for administrators who will be installing, configuring and managing HBase clusters. It covers installation with Ambari, configuration, security and troubleshooting HBase implementations. The course includes an end-of-course project in which students work together to design and implement an HBase schema.
Architects, software developers, and analysts responsible for implementing non-SQL databases in order to handle sparse data sets commonly found in big data use cases.
Students must have basic familiarity with data management systems. Familiarity with Hadoop or databases is helpful but not required. Students new to Hadoop are encouraged to take the HDP Overview: Apache Hadoop Essentials course.
- Hadoop Primer
- Hadoop, Hortonworks, and Big Data
- HDFS and YARN
- Discussion: Running Applications in the Cloud
- Apache HBase Overview
- Provisioning the Cluster
- Using the HBase Shell
- Ingesting Data
- Operational Management
- Backup and Recovery
- Monitoring HBase and Diagnosing Problems
50% Hands-on Labs
- Installing and Configuring HBase with Ambari
- Manually Installing HBase (Optional)
- Using Shell Commands
- Ingesting Data using ImportTSV
- Enabling HBase High Availability
- Viewing Log Files
- Configuring and Enabling Snapshots
- Configuring Cluster Replication
- Enabling Authentication and Authorization
- Diagnosing and Resolving Hot Spotting
- Region Splitting
- Monitoring JVM Garbage Collectionâ€‹
- End of Course Project: Designing an HBase Schema