Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls are architected to safely enable applications and prevent modern threats. Their approach identifies all network traffic based on applications, users, content and devices, and lets you express your business policies in the form of easy-to-understand security rules.
Flexible deployment options and native integration with their next-generation security platform extend the policy enforcement and cyberthreat prevention to everywhere your users and data are located: in your network, on your endpoints and in the cloud.
- Security Engineers
- Security Administrators
- Security Operations Specialists
- Security Analysts
- Network Engineers
- Support Staff
Participants must complete the Firewall 9.0 Essentials: Configuration and Management (EDU-210) course. Participants must have strong practical knowledge of routing and switching, IP addressing, and network security concepts, and at least six months of on-the-job experience with Palo Alto Networks firewalls.
Successful completion of this three-day, instructor-led course should enhance the participant’s understanding of how to troubleshoot the full line of Palo Alto Networks next-generation firewalls. Participants will have opportunities to perform hands-on troubleshooting of common problems related to the configuration and operation of the features of the Palo Alto Networks PAN-OS©_ operating system. Completion of this class will help participants develop an in-depth knowledge of how to troubleshoot visibility and control over applications, users, and content. This training will help you to:
- Investigate networking issues using firewall tools including the CLI
- Follow proven troubleshooting methodologies specific to individual features
- Analyze advanced logs to resolve various real-life scenarios
- Solve advanced, scenario-based challenges
This class is comprised of the following modules focusing on equipping the student to develop an in-depth knowledge of how to troubleshoot visibility and control over applications, users, and content.
- Module 1: Tools and Resources
- Module 2: CLI Primer
- Module 3: Flow Logic
- Module 4: Packet Captures
- Module 5: Packet-Diagnostics Logs
- Module 6: Host-Inbound Traffic
- Module 7: Transit Traffic
- Module 8: System Services
- Module 9: SSL Decryption
- Module 10: User-IDTM
- Module 11: GlobalProtectTM
- Module 12: Escalation and RMAs