Firewall 10.1: Improving Security Posture and Hardening PAN-OS Firewalls (EDU-214)
The Palo Alto Networks Firewall 10.1: Improving Security Posture and Hardening PAN-OS (EDU-214) course is three days of instructor-led training that will help you:
- Determine the efficacy of your current security policies
- Develop workflows for managing your security posture
- Identify rule usage across security policy sets
- Modify your existing policy set to implement security best practices
- Use the interactive web interface and firewall reports to monitor network traffic
- Use tools such as the BPA tool to further understand your environment
You will have access to your own dedicated lab for a full three months without any time or usage limit.
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you. An SLI sales rep will confirm location availability prior to registration confirmation.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
All Sunset Learning dates are guaranteed to run!
Students must have completed the ’Firewall Essentials: Configuration and Management’ course. Students also should be familiar with basic security concepts. Experience with other security technologies (IPS, proxy, and content filtering) is an advantage.
Security Engineers, Security Administrators, Security Operations Specialists, Security Analysts, and Support Staff
Successful completion of this three-day, instructor-led course will help the student manage and maintain a Palo Alto Networks firewall-protected environment. The student will learn how to improve non-greenfield environments and will be better equipped to ensure that configurations match security best practices. The student will also be able to develop an operational strategy for maintaining a high level of compliance.
- Security Profile Revision
- Daily Operations and Maintenance
- Establish Initial Baseline Visibility
- Analyze and Update Security Rules that Pass Traffic
- Inbound Security Rules Best Practices and Analysis
- Outbound Security Rules Best Practices and Analysis
- Internal Security Rules Best Practices and Analysis
- Administratively Hardening PAN-OS
- Reducing Policy Set and Simplification