ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
F5 BIG-IP Access Policy Manager (APM) is a flexible, high-performance access and security solution that provides unified global access to your business-critical applications and networks. In this class you will learn skills to install, configure, and manage the F5 BIG-IP APM system
Prerequisites:Administering BIG-IP; basic familiarity with authentication mechanisms (e.g. LDAP, Active Directory) and webserver technologies (e.g. HTTP, HTML)
Target Audience:This course is intended for system and network administrators responsible for installation, setup, configuration, and administration of the BIG-IP APM System.
- Configure remote access methods Network Access, Portal Access and Application Access and understand the differences and use cases for each
- Configure APM and LTM to work together for advanced application delivery as well as understand the APM + LTM use case versus the remote access use case
- Configure advanced policies using the Visual Policy Editor with all of its features such as macros, branches and multiple endings
- Understand the role of iRules and how they work together with BIG-IP in general and APM in specific
- Understand the role of Federated Single Sign-On using SAML and deploy a basic configuration
- Configure multiple authentication methods and understand how they can work together in a single access policy
- Set up, license, and provision the BIG-IP system out-of-the-box
- Create, restore from, and manage BIG-IP archives
- Use profiles to manipulate the way the BIG-IP system processes traffic through a virtual server
Lesson 1: Setting Up the BIG-IP System