ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
This course will assist you in building a solid foundation of Industrial Automation and Control Systems (IACS) knowledge. You will learn about and interact with a variety of automation hardware. You will also have an opportunity to use Rockwell Automation software to perform basic system and network tasks. While performing these tasks, you will gain an understanding of how controllers, I/O, and HMI products function together on an EtherNet/IP network.
This introductory level course will give you a broad understanding of how an IACS leverages the high performance, convenience, and widespread usage of Ethernet networks.
To complete this course successfully, you must be able to perform basic Microsoft Windows tasks, such as:
- Use a mouse
- Browse for files
- Open, close, size, and move windows
- Assign an IP address to a network interface card
Target Audience:Individuals who have little or no working experience with automation systems and are interested in gaining a broad understanding of industrial automation and control on an EtherNet/IP network should attend this course.
After completing this course, you should be able to assess the general network requirements for an IACS communicating on an EtherNet/IP network.
Course Outine:Day 1
- Identifying Automation Devices Impacting an EtherNet/IP Network
- Determining a Stratix 5700 Industrial Managed Switch Configuration
- Creating an Ethernet Driver Using RSLinx Classic Software
- Verifying Ethernet Communications Using RSLinx Classic Software
- Going Online with a Controller Using the Studio 5000 Logix Designer Application
- Uploading and Downloading Studio 5000 Logix Designer Projects
- Downloading a FactoryTalk View ME Runtime Application to a PanelView Plus Terminal
- Determining the Status of an EtherNet/IP Device Using Hardware Indicators
- Determining the Status of an EtherNet/IP Device Using the Studio 5000 Logix Designer Application
- Determining a Device Configuration in a Studio 5000 Logix Designer Project
- Retrieving Configuration and Performance Data Using an EtherNet/IP Device Webpage
- Identifying Industrial Automation and Control System (IACS) Traffic on an EtherNet/IP Network Using a Network Protocol Analyzer
Throughout this course, you will have the opportunity to practice the skills introduced in each lesson through a variety of hands-on exercises performed on an EtherNet/IP workstation.
To enhance and facilitate your learning experience, the following materials are provided as part of the course package:
– Includes the key concepts, definitions, examples, and activities
– Provides learning activities and hands-on practice
EtherNet/IP Procedures Guide
– Provides step-by-step instructions for tasks that are common to working with automation devices communicating on an EtherNet/IP network
EtherNet/IP Documentation Reference Guide
– Searchable, electronic resource that contains frequently referenced technical documentation
Next Learning Level
Once you have mastered the introductory skills covered in this course, you will have the knowledge and skills necessary to attend the next level of training:
Managing Industrial Networks with Cisco Networking Technologies (Course No. IMINS)