ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
What makes Power BI such a vast improvement over simple Excel worksheets is the Power Query engine in both Power BI and Excel. Power Query allows data to be pulled and transformed from multiple data sources.
Power BI Tools in Excel 2016 – Level 2
This course is designed for Report Builders who are ready to create custom data models for themselves and for other Excel 2016 Report Users.
- Understand BI Data
- Create Data Models
- Use DAX Functions
- Use Dates Correctly
- Shape Reports
Lesson 1 : Understanding BI Data
- Business Intelligence Data Sources
- Data Source Types
- Table Roles
Lesson 2 : Creating Data Models
- Creating a Data Model from Excel Data
- Creating a Data Model from Access Database Data
- Creating a Hybrid Data Model
Lesson 3 : Using DAX Functions
- Review of Syntax and Calculated Columns
- Best Practices
- DAX Measures
- Creating Measures (Calculated Fields)
Lesson 4 : Using Dates Correctly
- Why Dates are Different
- Building Data Tables
- Building Data Hierarchies
Lesson 5 : Appendix: Shaping Reports
- Building Communication Worksheets
- Controlling Item Ordering
- PowerPivot Metadata