ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
The Implementing Cisco Data Center Unified Computing (DCUCI) course is designed to help students prepare for the Cisco CCNP Data Center certification and for professional-level data center roles. The focus of this skills-building course is on deploying, securing, operating, and maintaining the Cisco Unified Computing System (UCS) B-Series Blade Servers and UCS C-Series Rack Servers for use in data centers. The extensively hands-on course covers configuring and managing Cisco UCS servers using unified I/O networking for LAN and SAN connectivity, virtualizing server hardware identifiers to enable rapid recovery of server operating system images, implementing automation for Cisco UCS, configuring fault tolerance, implementing role-based access control (RBAC), backing up and restoring system configurations, and using the monitoring and troubleshooting tools in Cisco UCS Manager and Cisco Integrated Management Controller (IMC).
***IMPORTANT NOTE: The current Cisco courseware and labs utilizes UCS Manager v2.0. If you require training on UCS Manager 4.0 we recommend that you register for the new version of the course which is scheduled to be out sometime in Q1 of 2020. Please refer any questions to your SLI representative.
To fully benefit from this course, students should have the following prerequisite skills and knowledge:
- Understanding of server system design and architecture
- Familiarity with Ethernet and TCP/IP networking
- Familiarity with SANs
- Familiarity with Fibre Channel protocol
- Understanding of Cisco Enterprise Data Center Architecture
- Familiarity with hypervisor technologies (such as VMware)
Target Audience:Primary: Cisco Integrators and Partners, Consulting Systems Engineer, Network Designer, Network Engineer, Server Administrator, Systems Engineer, Technical Solutions Architect
Secondary: Network Administrator, Network Manager, Storage Administrator, Program Manager, Project Manager
After completion of this course, students will be able to…Describe Cisco UCS server form factors
- Describe Cisco UCS connectivity
- Configure identity abstraction
- Configure service profile templates
- Implement iSCSI
- Implement Fibre Channel port channels
- Implement FCoE
- Implement role-based access control (RBAC)
- Implement external authentication providers
- Implementing key management
- Implement Cisco UCS firmware updates
- Implement Cisco UCS backups
- Implement monitoring
- Deploy Cisco UCS Central and use it to add a Cisco UCS Manager domain, manage resources centrally, and create all required pools and templates to deploy a service profile.
- Implement Cisco UCS Director and Cisco Integrated Management Controller (Cisco IMC) Supervisor
- Compare scripting options for Cisco UCS Manager
Course Outline:Module 1: Cisco Unified Computing System Implementation
- Lesson 1: Describing Cisco UCS Server Form Factors
- Lesson 2: Describing Cisco UCS Connectivity
- Lesson 3: Configuring Identity Abstraction
- Lesson 4: Configuring Service Profile Templates
- Lesson 1: Implementing iSCSI
- Lesson 2: Implementing Fibre Channel
- Lesson 3: Implementing FCoE
- Lesson 1: Implementing Role-Based Access Control
- Lesson 2: Implementing External Authentication Providers
- Lesson 3: Implementing Key Management
- Lesson 1: Implementing Cisco UCS Firmware Updates
- Lesson 2: Implementing Cisco UCS Backups
- Lesson 3: Implementing Monitoring
- Lesson 1: Implementing Cisco UCS Central
- Lesson 2: Implementing Cisco UCS Director and Cisco IMC Supervisor
- Lesson 3: Comparing Scripting Options for Cisco UCS Manager
- Guided Lab 1: Provision Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnect Cluster
- Guided Lab 2: Configure Server and Uplink Ports
- Guided Lab 3: Configure VLANs
- Guided Lab 4: Configure a Cisco UCS Service Profile Using Hardware Identities
- Guided Lab 5: Configure Basic Identity Pools
- Guided Lab 6: Configure a Cisco UCS Service Profile Using Pools
- Guided Lab 7: Configure a Service Profile Template
- Guided Lab 8: Configure an iSCSI Service Profile
- Guided Lab 9: Configure Pod-Specific Device Aliases
- Guided Lab 10: Configure Zoning
- Guided Lab 11: Configure VSANs in Cisco UCS Manager
- Guided Lab 12: Configure Unified Ports on Cisco UCS Fabric Interconnects
- Guided Lab 13: Install and Boot VMware ESXi on Cisco UCS C-Series Servers from SAN LUN
- Guided Lab 14: Install and Boot VMware ESXi on Cisco UCS B-Series Servers from SAN LUN
- Guided Lab 15: Configure Organizations and Locales
- Guided Lab 16: Configure Job-Specific Roles
- Guided Lab 17: Configure Cisco UCS Manager to Authenticate Users with Microsoft Active Directory
- Guided Lab 18: Configure a Trusted Point and Key Ring in Cisco UCS Manager
- Guided Lab 19: Perform Backup and Restore Activities
- Guided Lab 20: Implement Syslog
- Guided Lab 21: Deploy and Use Cisco UCS Central
- Guided Lab 22: Deploy and Use Cisco IMC Supervisor
- Guided Lab 23: Configure Cisco UCS Manager with XML API and Cisco UCS PowerTools
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning plans or guided video paths that may contain videos, blogs, articles, quizzes etc. to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.