This course lays the foundation for Power BI Report Builder using Excel. Report Builders will learn everything they need to create highly effective PivotTable and PivotChart reports using data sources that are created using Excel. Topics covered include an overview of the PowerPivot add-in, creating effective and professional reports, creating data driven narratives, effectively applying different chart styles, using data hierarchies, and creating simple custom data calculations.
Excel level 1, PivotTable & Pivot Chart skills; plus a basic understanding of database concepts is useful, but not required.
Create highly effective PivotTable and PivotChart reports using data sources that are created using Excel
Lesson 1 : Introducing PowerPivot
- What Is Power BI for Excel?
- What is PowerPivot?
- Power BI for Excel Key Features
- The Self-Service BI Model
- PowerPivot Components
Lesson 2 : Defining a Report
- What is a PowerPivot Report?
- Defining a Report
- Data-Driven Storytelling
Lesson 3 : Understanding PowerPivot Data
- Understanding Data Terminology
- Understanding Tables
- Understanding Relationships
- Diagnosing Data Models
- Data Model Schemas
Lesson 4 : Create Reports using PowerPivot Data
- Making Changes to PowerPivot Data
- Creating PowerPivot PivotTables
- Creating PowerPivot PivotCharts
- Creating Slicers
- Graphing Data
Lesson 5 : Creating PowerPivot Functions
- Calculated Columns
- What is DAX?
- Understanding DAX Functions
- Common DAX Functions
- Dates and Date Functions