IT automation is key to managing large numbers of systems and applications efficiently and consistently at scale. In this course, you will write Ansible playbooks to automate tasks, and you will run them to ensure servers are correctly deployed and configured. You will also explore examples of approaches to automate common Linux system administration tasks.
- Be a Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA), or demonstrate equivalent Red Hat Enterprise Linux knowledge and experience
- Being a Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) may be beneficial.
- Install Ansible / Red Hat Ansible Engine on control nodes.
- Create and update inventories of managed hosts and manage connections to them.
- Automate administration tasks with Ansible playbooks and ad hoc commands.
- Write effective Ansible playbooks at scale.
- Protect sensitive data used by Ansible with Ansible Vault.
- Reuse code and simplify playbook development with Ansible roles.
Introduction to Ansible
Describe Ansible concepts and install Red Hat Ansible Engine.
Configure Ansible to manage hosts and run ad hoc Ansible commands.
Write a simple Ansible playbook and run it to automate tasks on multiple managed hosts.
Manage variables and facts
Write playbooks that use variables to simplify management of the playbook and facts to reference information about managed hosts.
Implement task control
Manage task control, handlers, and task errors in Ansible playbooks.
Deploy files to managed hosts
Deploy, manage, and adjust files on hosts managed by Ansible.
Manage large projects
Write playbooks that are optimized for larger, more complex projects.
Simplify playbooks with roles
Use Ansible roles to develop playbooks more quickly and to reuse Ansible code.
Troubleshoot playbooks and managed hosts.
Automate Linux administration tasks
Automate common Linux system administration tasks with Ansible.