ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Learn to support end-users accessing virtual apps and desktops as part of a Citrix solution. In this course, you will learn to use Citrix Director to interact with user sessions and to capture information for solving issues or escalating to the administration team. Gain foundational knowledge about the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops technology and an understanding of how components interact. You will learn about each component focusing on common user related issues that may arise, and how to apply a methodical approach to solve them using real world scenarios. By the end of the course, you will be able to solve or escalate end-user issues appropriately.
This course requires little to no previous experience with the 7.x version of the platform; however, Citrix recommends completing the free Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Introduction bundle at training.citrix.com.
This course is built for experienced IT Professionals familiar with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7.x in an on-premises environment moving to the Citrix Cloud and deploying their Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops workloads on Microsoft Azure.
What you'll learn:
- How to support end-users connecting to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops through Citrix Receiver
- How to use Citrix Director to gather information and interact with user sessions
- A methodology to approach user related issues to minimize time to resolution
- An understanding of the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops solution and the role of the components
Module 1: Fundamental Architecture for the Help Desk Role
- Introduction to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- The Help Desk Role for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops
- Help Desk Support Methodology
- Citrix Help Desk Priorities
Module 2: Citrix Director
- Introduction to Citrix Director
- Navigating the Director Console
- Performing Typical Help Desk Actions
Module 3: End User Access
- Access Methods
- Subscriptions, Favorites, and Experience
- Solving User Access Issues
- Real World Troubleshooting Scenarios
Module 4: Citrix Receiver
- Receiver Types
- Receiver Deployment Methods
- Solving User Issues with Citrix Receiver
Module 5: User Sessions
- Defining User Sessions
- Solving Session Related Issues
Module 6: Printing with User Sessions
- Printer Types and Management
- Solving Common Printer Related Issues
Module 7: Support
- Citrix Help Desk Support Methodology
- Solving Additional User Issues and Scenarios