ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Learn to support end-users accessing virtual apps and desktops as part of a Citrix solution. In this course, you will learn to use Citrix Director to interact with user sessions and to capture information for solving issues or escalating to the administration team. Gain foundational knowledge about the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops technology and an understanding of how components interact. You will learn about each component focusing on common user-related issues that may arise, and how to apply a methodical approach to solve them using real-world scenarios. By the end of the course, you will be able to solve or escalate end-user issues appropriately.
This course requires little to no previous experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops.
Built for those supporting a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops solution in a help desk or service desk capacity. An ideal candidate for this course interacts with end-users to troubleshoot and resolve issues.
What you'll learn:
- How to support end-users connecting to Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops through Citrix Workspace App
- How to use Citrix Director to gather information and interact with user sessions
- A methodology to approach user-related issues to minimize time to resolution
- An understanding of the Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops solution and the role of the components
Module 1: Fundamental Architecture for the Help Desk Role
- Citrix Site Infrastructure and Deployment Models
- The Help Desk Role in the Fundamental Architecture
- Problem Resolution Methodology
Module 2: Citrix Director and its role in Help Desk Support
- Citrix Director Role and Purpose
- Access to Director for Help Desk Administrators
- Common Director Monitoring Tasks
- Common Help Desk Administrator Troubleshooting Tasks
Module 3: Providing and Troubleshooting End User Access
- End-User Access Overview
- Components between end-users and published resources on VDAs
- User Experience
- Support End User Access
Module 4: Citrix Workspace App
- Workspace App Types
- Deploying Citrix Workspace app
- Pass-through Authentication
- Supporting Citrix Workspace App
Module 5: User Sessions
- FlexCast Architecture
- User Sessions
- App and Desktop Launch Process
- User Profiles
- HDX Technologies
Module 6: Printing
- Introduction to Printing
- Printing Components Overview
- Supporting Printing