Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 Assessment, Design and Advanced Configuration (CWS-415)
ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
This advanced 5-day training course teaches the design principles for creating a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops virtualization solution. In this training, you will also learn how to assess existing environments, explore different scenarios, and make design decisions based on business requirements.
This course covers the Citrix Consulting approach to design and covers the key design decisions through lectures, lab exercises, and interactive discussions. You will also learn about additional considerations and advanced configurations for multi-location solutions and disaster recovery planning. This training will help you prepare for the Citrix Certified Expert in Virtualization (CCE-V) exam.
This course requires extensive experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 as well as experience with Citrix Gateway and supporting infrastructure.
Built for IT Professionals with significant experience with Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 as well as supporting infrastructure. If you are responsible for the environment design and overall health or are guiding others through the process (as a consultant), you should consider taking this training.
What you'll learn:
- Identify risks and areas for improvement in a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops environment by assessing relevant information in an existing deployment
- Determine core Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops design decisions and align them to business requirements to achieve a practical solution
- Design a Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops disaster recovery plan and understand different disaster recovery considerations
Module 1: Methodology & Assessment
- Business Drivers
- User Segmentation
- Application Assessment
- Capabilities Assessment
Module 2: User Layer
- Endpoints & Peripherals
- Citrix Workspace App
- Network Connectivity
Module 3: Access Layer
- Access Matrix*
- Access Layer Architecture Design Considerations
- StoreFront Store Design
- Scalability and Redundancy
Module 4: Resource Layer – Images
- FlexCast Model Assignment*
- Virtual Delivery Agent Machine Scalability
- Virtual Delivery Agent Machine Security
- Provisioning Strategy / Image Management
Module 5: Resource Layer – Applications and Personalization
- Application Delivery
Module 6: Control Layer
- Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops Site Design
- Machine Catalogs & Delivery Groups*
- Site Management Considerations
- Control Layer Scalability & High Availability
- Control Layer Security
Module 7: Hardware/Compute Layer
- Assessment Considerations for Hardware & Hypervisor Selection
- Cluster / Resource Pool Design
- Hardware / Compute Layer Sizing
- Datacenter Networking
Module 8: Maintaining an App Layering Environment
- Multiple Location Considerations – Introduction
- Multiple Location Considerations – Access
- Multiple Location Considerations – Image Management
- Multiple Location Considerations – Profiles & Data
- Multiple Location Considerations – Printing
- Multiple Location Considerations – Control Layer
Module 9: Disaster Recovery
- Disaster Recovery – Levels
- Disaster Recovery – Strategy
- Disaster Recovery – Process
*Optional content based on instructor criteria