Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Bootcamp (CUWNBC): Deploying Cisco Wireless LANs Basic and Advanced (WDBWL / WDAWL)
ALL DATES GUARANTEED
Check out our full list of training locations and learning formats. Please note that the location you choose may be an Established HD-ILT location with a virtual live instructor.
COURSE DELIVERY OPTIONS
Train face-to-face with the live instructor.
Interact with a live, remote instructor from a specialized, HD-equipped classroom near you.
Attend the live class from the comfort of your home or office.
Please note, this class runs extended hours.
Cisco Unified Wireless Networking Bootcamp (CUWNBC) combines WDBWL (Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs) and WDAWL (Deploying Advanced Cisco Wireless LANs) into a cohesive five day delivery. CUWNBC presents students with challenging real-world deployments such as client mobility between subnets, high client density deployments, and mesh network deployments. Students will be trained on how to make network design decisions about, configure, and troubleshoot WLANs with these challenges. The format of the course allows students and the instructor to explore realistic use cases and best practices around more challenging deployment scenarios. The course is written at software code level 7.5.
WDBWL (Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs) is the first 3 days of training and WDAWL (Deploying Advanced Cisco Wireless LANs) is the last two days of class. If students would like to attend WDBWL or WDAWL only – please contact Sunset Learning Institute for scheduling and pricing options!
- Prior completion of Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials course or equivalent work experience (recommended)
- Basic networking skills
- RF/Wireless field experience (helpful)
Target Audience:This course is intended for IT engineers or administrators who need to know the fundamentals about planning, installing, configuring, troubleshooting, and maintaining a basic Cisco Wireless LAN infrastructure. This includes installers, SEs, Field Engineers, technical support professionals, network managers, security team members, and administrators.
- Successfully plan, install, configure, troubleshoot, monitor and maintain basic Cisco Wireless LAN solutions in a customer enterprise environment
- Configure autonomous, unified, and FlexConnect architectures
- Configure all base feature sets, including wireless security
- Administer the WLAN network
- Maintain and troubleshoot basic wireless networks
- Describe the steps involved in client mobility at layer 2 and the differences involved in client mobility at layer 3
- Discuss the challenges faced in providing a quality user experience in a high density wireless network deployment scenario
- Differentiate the operational characteristics of, and implement, a wireless MESH architecture
WDBWL Outline: Deploying Basic Cisco Wireless LANs
Module 1 – Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials Refresher
- Lesson 1: High-level review of prerequisite course – Defining Cisco Wireless LAN Essentials
Module 2 – Pre-Deployment Planning
- Lesson 1: Successful Wireless Deployments and Pre-deployment Planning
- Lesson 2: Cisco WLAN Professional Services
- Lesson 3: Spectrum Expert
- Lesson 4: PI Planning tools
Module 3 – Autonomous Deployments
- Lesson 1: Easy Setup GUI Interface
- Lesson 2: Basic Setup via CLI
- Lesson 3: Access Point Modes
- Lesson 4: Bridge Modes
- Lesson 5: Non-Client serving Modes
Module 4 – Unified Deployments
- Lesson 1: Initial controller Setup, and configure basic settings
- Lesson 2: Modes of operation available for a unified access point
- Lesson 3: Mechanisms by which an AP associates to a WLC
- Lesson 4: User Interfaces to the System
- Lesson 5: Radio Resource Management and CleanAir
- Lesson 6: Administering WLANs and AP Groups
- Lesson 7: Configuring Quality of Service
- Lesson 8: IPv6 Support
- Lesson 9: Identify and Configure the Wireless LAN
- Lesson 10: Security Parameters
- Lesson 11: General Administration
- Lesson 12: Guest Access
Module 5 – FlexConnect Deployments
- Lesson 1: Benefits and Limitations of FlexConnect Architecture
- Lesson 2: Operational Differences between
- Lesson 3: FlexConnect and Unified Architectures
Module 6 – Wireless LAN Maintenance and Troubleshooting
- Lesson 1: Routine Maintenance
- Lesson 2: Policy Configuration and Management
- Lesson 3: Gathering Data
- Lesson 4: Troubleshooting in a Cisco Unified Wireless Network
WDAWL Outlines: Deploying Advanced Cisco Wireless LANs
Module 1 – Client Mobility
- Lesson1: Same Subnet Roaming
- Lesson 2: Inter-subnet Mobility
Module 2 – High-Density Deployment Challenges
- Lesson 1: Effects of Client Density on a Wireless Network
- Lesson 2: Planning for Areas of High Client Density
Module 3 – Implementing Mesh Network
- Lesson 1: Describe Wireless Mesh Networks
- Lesson 2: Mesh Network Formation Process
- Lesson 3: Implementing a Mesh Network for the Enterprise
- Lesson 4: Configuring Advanced Mesh Features
- Lesson 5: Troubleshooting a Mesh Network
- Lab 4-1 Performing the Initial WLC Configuration Using the CLI
- Lab 4-2: Unified AP Modes of Operation
- Lab 4-3: AP Association Options
- Lab 4-4: Controller Web Interface
- Lab 4-5: Configuring RRM and CleanAir
- Lab 4-8: Configuring IPv6 First Hop Security
- Lab 4-9: Configuring Security Parameters on the WLC
- Lab 4-10: Configuring Guest Access and Web Authentication
- Lab 3-1: Configuring Mesh Access Points
next on-demand is Included With This Class!
This course includes a 365-day membership to our NEXT On-Demand digital learning community! You will join thousands of other NEXT members allowing you to interact with other IT professionals, get your questions answered, and achieve your learning goals. Upon registration, you will get immediate access to the following resources:
Thousands of recorded topics, many of which relate to official technology curriculum.
Virtual, interactive sessions including exam prep , open Q&A workshops, lab demos, and featured exclusive topics.
Interact with instructors and other neXT members. You can expect a quick response as discussion boards are monitored daily.
Learning paths can contain videos, blogs, articles, and quizzes combined to help meet specific objectives.
SLI hosts hour-long open Q&A sessions related to the technology of the month. Join one of our scheduled sessions to chat live with an instructor.